IGNORED

Question On Backing Up PS3

mmbe

Hi,

I have a PS3 super slim and what to back it up. It has a 250gb hard drive and is less than 50% full. I don't have any downloaded games just some expansion packs for Lego Dimension and the remaining episodes for Batman The Telltale Series.

My question is, can I use a 250gb thumb drive to do the system back up or do I need an external hard drive? I can't find any external hard drive less than 1 TB locally while 250gb thumb drives are easy to find.

Thanks in advance for any information.

According to what information is on Playstation's PS3 webpage, you should be able to back data up to a USB thumb drive.

https://manuals.playstation.net/document/en/ps3/current/settings/backuputility.html

From what I can see, as long as it is formatted to Fat32 then the PS3 can see and write to either a portable HD or thumb drive.

Edited by Tavi
grammar
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Tavi said:

According to what information is on Playstation's PS3 webpage, you should be able to back data up to a USB thumb drive.

https://manuals.playstation.net/document/en/ps3/current/settings/backuputility.html

From what I can see, as long as it is formatted to Fat32 then the PS3 can see and write to either a portable HD or thumb drive.

Thanks Tavi. I had seen that page before. Most of the Youtube videos I watched on this topic used a portable HD and not a thumb drive. Wanted to see if anyone had actually used a thumb drive before going that route. Guess there's no harm in giving it a try.