IGNORED

Mini Memory "Ground Force Zero" game

2 hours ago, Retrospect said:

I found this out pretty quickly.  It actually really helps with the plane game.  Kind of does it for you.  Course , before I did that I was experimenting and I had a character under joystick control, deliberately went out of screen area and it really fudged up the screen.  Then I listed the program and parts of the program were missing!  That is strange.  

Messing around in VDP RAM is messing around in TI BASIC's toy box.  Indiscriminate POKEVs can really muck things up.

• Like 1

I have been writing GPL for RXB and TI Basic for over 20 years now.

There are some places in VDP you can use but would require you TI Basic program to be smaller then 8K in size

See Programs in TI Basic are loaded from top down so from VDP Stack >0958 up is used for Stack memory

So you could get away with using say >1000 up to >1100 to store bytes as long as you do not have to many GOSUBS to fill up the VDP Stack.

This would give you about 256 bytes of memory to VPOKE bytes into to save stuff.

Anyway >1000 in decimal is 4096 in decimal up to >1100 is 4352 decimal. 

I should note if you reuse variables and add new ones it could overrun that area if not careful.

Edited by RXB
Spelling
  • Thanks 2