IGNORED

Season 15 ~ Week 4 ~ Gold Medal Winner

Vocelli

15 hours ago, Alena said:

Could I have some tips to improve at Jr.?

Read tips by Kermit 73 carefully.

Also, draw all Jr. Pac-Man maze layouts and highlight the "danger zones", the areas in which you can be trapped by 2 or more ghosts easily.

Practice the higher levels by using Select Game button and choosing Kite, Drum, Balloon, Train, Kitty and Root Beer as starting level. Train and Root Beer are the most challenging mazes, and require much more concentration to avoid ghosts.

Keep your eyes open to Blinky (red ghost), who is more agressive and move faster than other ghosts. This topic is mentioned by Kermit 73.

Edited by oyamafamily
  • Like 2

Jr. Pac-Man: 69460

It seems I'm always learning something new with this game, including things I had wrong when I posted some tips earlier in the week.  I mentioned that ghosts are better at cornering, but I've found scenarios where I was able to get away by turning corners.  I've also had situations where at least Blinky catches up with me moving in any direction with no dots big or small to slow me down.  I suspect the game may subtly change speed depending on the number of dots left in the maze and perhaps when the bonus toy is somewhere in the maze.

It seems the AI is at least similar to the arcade AI.  Blinky tries to chase you from behind and Pinky tries to get in front of you.  Inky seems confused, and if it's like the arcade game, his movement is determined by the current position of you and Blinky.  Inky will often pass by you when he could easily make a turn and eat you.  Tim (I think - or is it Sue or is it Clyde) in the arcade Pac-Man behaves like Blinky, except when it gets too close to you, it starts heading for the lower left corner.  I don't know if its behavior is similar in this game.  When off screen, I think all ghosts try to head toward you, even if it means reversing direction.  I'd previously noticed this while they are blue after eating an energizer, but I think it may also be the case when they are in their normal state.

This will probably be the last score I post this week.  My Game Reset switch got a good workout and I fell a little short of my all time high.

image.thumb.png.d66d0689f6f7356dd1e53ffd1c2364b9.png

• Like 6

12 hours ago, kermit73 said:

This will probably be the last score I post this week.  My Game Reset switch got a good workout and I fell a little short of my all time high.

Boy do I hear ya, haha. Great score dude. I've been getting more consistent scores, but not reaching my personal best, and it's rather frustrating. My hands keep expecting it to be more like Ms. Pac-Man, but it's just so much harder. I think maybe the biggest factor in difficulty is the huge board making it so you can't see everyone at once. I'll likely give it a few more games today, but I'll be surprised if I improve for this round.

• Like 1

On 2/5/2024 at 8:09 AM, Vocelli said:

Sorry, my mistake...fixing it today.

Did I end up getting credit for the Missile Command bonus?  Turns out that I am not very good at these games... need every point I can get :)  Anyway, thanks for checking on it.

Maybe its just my tired, old hands but I don't remember these games being so difficult back in the 80s!  Still tons of fun though!

• Like 2