IGNORED

Champ Games

I understand that most (all?) of the Champ Games 2600 arcade ports use ARM chips and as such are incompatible with the 2600+ currently.

My question is - will it at all be possible to get them working on the 2600+, or is it just too underpowered to run them full speed, given the ARM chip emulation is far more complicated?

In particular I'm asking about Mappy, Turbo Arcade, and Galagon.

And if not, that's fine. Not bothered by that at all. I don't want this thread to turn into a 2600+ bash fest, or a bunch of ninny's bitching about it's compatibility. If you don't have anything positive to add, don't post in this thread, please.

I just want to know because I'm contemplating buying some or all of these, but honestly don't want to spend the money if they are not going to ever work on the 2600+.

thanks.

• Like 1

beyond Champ games... I'm definitely interested in some of the homebrew made and sold here at Atariage but it's difficult to tell which might be compatible. It would be cool if Atariage could test their own games and post compatibility on the product page.

Sorry for being a degree off topic. Champ Games at leasts posts right on their website that they're NOT compatible with 2600+...but AtariAge keeps us guessing.

Edited by Glorkbot
  • Like 3