IGNORED

Can a percom at-88 drive be set to id 2?

Can a percom at-88 drive be set to id 2?  I did a look and search with no luck. When in a chain with say an atari 810 drive. They always tell the atari 810 drive to be ID 2 or above.

I'm trying to use a sio to usb adapter to boot via id1 (that works fine) then use the at-88 drive as id 2 for some testing. I'm pretty sure the drive is fine. But, before I go

archiving rare data disks. I want to make sure it is okay. So the idea is boot the atari using the sio disk 1 and then make a dos image to disk 2 on the Percom drive. Using a new

good blank disk. Once that all checks out. I'm good to go.

Thanks,

Josh

I don’t think I ever tried it but I would think so. You would need to set the jumper block on the percom drive mech to ds1 instead of ds0. But I do know percoms like to take over the sio bus and doesn’t play nice with other peripherals sometimes. 

Rfd models are a little different (I think). There is and dipswitch block on the back of the drive that identifies where ds0 will start. I.e. ds0 on an rfd can be set to d3:  

But At-88s I think are specified by the jumper straps on the drive. 

Edited by moonlight_mile