IGNORED

Weird USB keyboard adapter problem

My console has a "JediMatt" USB keyboard adapter that I bought from (I think) arcadeshopper.

The adapter does not recognize the keys F and U (both upper and lower case), +, =, or the left-shift key.

The right-shift key works as expected.

Anyone have this problem?

K-R.

Edited by Kchula-Rrit
  • Haha 1

Sounds like a wiring issue.. the fact that it's specific lines makes me think a common one from f u and those but there's no common so maybe a couple wires aren't connected?  do you have photos of how you installed it? did you use my cable or make your own?

keyboard_schematic.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

arcadeshopper, thanks for the schematic!  I made my own cable when I installed the adapter and just plugged the lines in until the key-codes worked.

After checking Thierry Nouspikel's Web pages I didn't find any common cause for the failure.  No common CRU pins, etc.  The keyboard that had the problem was the one I used when I installed the USB adapter.  It's a Logitech K360 radio keyboard.  I installed the adapter where coffee-boiler power supply used to be, then plugged the tiny transmitter plug into the keyboard adapter, so I didn't have to cut any more holes in the case.

Anyway, I swapped the radio keyboard for an old cabled one and the adapter reads all keys from it!  That's a shame, I really liked that Logitech!

K-R.

• Like 1

Sorry, I wasn't able to reply sooner; but health issues come first.  Anyway, I have two TI-99/4A units that have this same USB and F18A VGA, along with a 4 port KVM (VGA/USB) that I can use with 5 Logitech keyboards.  Two that I like the best for the TI, also work well with two Win 7 Pro mini towers and a Del Docking station for my two Dell Laptops (E6430 & E6420).  Absolutely great, until a TI has a serious keyboard issue that requires it to be replaced!  Have a great time with your system!  RetroBill

P. S.  Actually only one is a Mini tower and the other is a Mid tower.

Edited by Bill R Sullivan
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1