IGNORED

Does the 7800 emulation of the 2600+ have XM support?

Draugr

6 minutes ago, Zonie said:

Good question. It would be nice to see XM integrated somehow, with perhaps a royalty to Curt's family.

Do the other emulators that have XM support pay royalties to Curt's family? A7800, 7800 GameDrive too has XM support although not an emulator but a multicart with additional features included.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Draugr said:

Do the other emulators that have XM support pay royalties to Curt's family? A7800, 7800 GameDrive too has XM support although not an emulator but a multicart with additional features included.

I was thinking more in the lines of a new version like a 7800+ that had XM hardware internally integrated. Yeah, that would be the shit!

Edited by Zonie

2 minutes ago, Zonie said:

I was thinking more in the lines of a new version like a 7800+ that had XP hardware internally integrated. Yeah, that would be the shit!

So an actual hardware type product that implemented the XM features but instead a 7800 type physical design over the 2600+? Hell, I'd be up for something like that! :)

Edited by Draugr
  • Like 1

I just saw this in the thread Atari 2600+ Beta Update 1.1.

• Support for 7800 expansion module (XM)

Perhaps this is good news. I wonder if the high save features of the XM are included in that support or if it is something coming soon. The moment the high score saving is implemented I'm picking up the 2600+. :)

@Ben from Plaion Perhaps you can shed some light on whether the 7800 XM support from the earlier 2600+ update implements high score saving or if it is something being worked on?

Thanks.

Edited by Draugr

15 hours ago, Draugr said:

I just saw this in the thread Atari 2600+ Beta Update 1.1.

• Support for 7800 expansion module (XM)

Perhaps this is good news. I wonder if the high save features of the XM are included in that support or if it is something coming soon. The moment the high score saving is implemented I'm picking up the 2600+. :)

@Ben from Plaion Perhaps you can shed some light on whether the 7800 XM support from the earlier 2600+ update implements high score saving or if it is something being worked on?

Thanks.

I can confirm reconfirm that DKXM works (XM Sound). Not sure how how about the HS saving. If it works I'm unclear as to how to trigger it. Apologies, missed the reply from @John Stamos Mullet.

IMG_3772.jpg

IMG_3773.jpg

IMG_3774.jpg

• Like 3