IGNORED

What Atari 2600/7800 game have you been playing the most today?

shane857

So who you gonna call??

Not as 'polished' as the commodore 64 game and minus the speech. David Crane did an excellent conversion

The 2600 version has all stages thou and is a much quicker game, which I personally prefer

Reset switch starts the game to the equipment selection screen. Flip left difficulty switch to enter map screen

Whenever there is a marshmallow man attack(ghosts move faster to zuul top screen)

you have to quickly flip the right difficulty switch to drop ghost bait(if you have bought it from equipment selection screen)

Great game! I'm surprised nobody has done an enhanced version of this for the 2600 or 7800 with added speech etc

Copyright and various issues I guess...

DSC_0045.JPG

DSC_0020.JPG

DSC_0019.JPG

DSC_0030.JPG

DSC_0024.JPG

DSC_0036.JPG

DSC_0046.JPG

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, shane857 said:

So who you gonna call??

Not as 'polished' as the commodore 64 game and minus the speech. David Crane did an excellent conversion

The 2600 version has all stages thou and is a much quicker game, which I personally prefer

Reset switch starts the game to the equipment selection screen. Flip left difficulty switch to enter map screen

Whenever there is a marshmallow man attack(ghosts move faster to zuul top screen)

you have to quickly flip the right difficulty switch to drop ghost bait(if you have bought it from equipment selection screen)

Great game! I'm surprised nobody has done an enhanced version of this for the 2600 or 7800 with added speech etc

DSC_0045.JPG

DSC_0020.JPG

DSC_0019.JPG

DSC_0030.JPG

DSC_0024.JPG

DSC_0036.JPG

DSC_0046.JPG

I have this game and never really gave it a try. I’ll be checking it out!

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, shane857 said:

So who you gonna call??

DSC_0045.JPG

DSC_0020.JPG

DSC_0019.JPG

DSC_0030.JPG

DSC_0024.JPG

DSC_0036.JPG

DSC_0046.JPG

I consider it one of the best simulation titles on the 2600, theres not too many on the system i wish we had more, maybe someday.

• Like 1

HAVE YOU PLAYED ATARI 2600+ TODAY? I HAVE!

FAST EDDIE

Fast Eddie is the game today! I played this one a lot. Very addictive once you start playing!

Objective: Collect the prizes and grab the key while avoiding the sneaker's.

Every level has ten prizes, after you collect the ninth prize a key will appear above High-Top. Collecting the tenth prize is optional but worth additional points. After you grab the key it’s on to the next level. Pressing select offers different levels of gameplay.

All these years I had this game and never knew there is a pause feature B/W switch.

Also you can change the ladder arrangement. Hold the reset switch.

And you can change the maze color by pausing game play, the maze will cycle through colors and when you resume the last color displayed will become the current color.

I never knew about these 3 selections. Ha! You learn something new everyday!

This game has great sound effects btw.

IMG_1251.jpeg

IMG_1256.webp

IMG_1257.jpeg

IMG_1253.jpeg

IMG_1255.gif

Edited by MrChickenz
  • Like 7

I've been going through all my carts.  A game or two here and there, but the main one I kept hitting...

Q*Bert!

I had the arcade cocktail and didn't play it as much as my cart.  Great port to the 2600!

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Ripweade said:

I've been going through all my carts.  A game or two here and there, but the main one I kept hitting...

Q*Bert!

I had the arcade cocktail and didn't play it as much as my cart.  Great port to the 2600!

Yes a decent port for the 2600. A bit awkward having to hold the joystick diagonally, thou you get used to it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, shane857 said:

Yes a decent port for the 2600. A bit awkward having to hold the joystick diagonally, thou you get used to it.

I never realized the manual actually tells you to hold it that way. I always held it straight like all the other games, I guess I just got use to playing that way. Now I’ll have to give it a try diagonally and see how I do. I wonder if it will improve my game play.

IMG_1259.jpeg

Edited by MrChickenz
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, MrChickenz said:

I never realized the manual actually tells you to hold it that way. I always held it straight like all the other games, I guess I just got use to playing that way. Now I’ll have to give it a try diagonally and see how I do. I wonder if it will improve my game play.

IMG_1259.jpeg

It takes some practice to get used to, thou the game is definitely easier to play that way.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, MrChickenz said:

IMG_1259.jpeg

I will have to give that a try

• Like 2

12 hours ago, shane857 said:

I'm doing pretty good holding it the standard way.  The arcade is a diagonal movement and the port is pretty close.  Overall, though, yeah.  It is tricky!

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Alex_813 said:

Put in some time with Towering Inferno today. Almost got through the 3rd building. Very enjoyable game.

20240719_232836.jpg

I own the game, i remember ironically i biked about an hour because i saw it at a retro store in the north part of town, if only i had the manual because i think i'm just too slow to save any lives 😅

Tbf i also got commando raid and i suck at it so maybe i just suck at atari in general ._. Ah well, great game though!

1 hour ago, Maztr_0n said:

I own the game, i remember ironically i biked about an hour because i saw it at a retro store in the north part of town, if only i had the manual because i think i'm just too slow to save any lives 😅

Tbf i also got commando raid and i suck at it so maybe i just suck at atari in general ._. Ah well, great game though!

Maybe this's will help.

You don't have to put put all of the fire. Just clear a path to the top, grab the survivors and get out. You get 4 firemen (lives) per floor, so don't get too stressed about getting burned.

20240720_183907.jpg

20240720_183917.jpg

20240720_183929.jpg

Edited by Alex_813
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Alex_813 said:

Maybe this's will help.

You don't have to put put all of the fire. Just clear a path to the top, grab the survivors and get out. You get 4 firemen (lives) per floor, so don't get too stressed about getting burned.

20240720_183907.jpg

20240720_183917.jpg

20240720_183929.jpg

Ty i'll try again, it was still a fun Action/Job Simulation game :)

Time for some Roc 'n Rope! 🎸🤘🏻

A fun arcade platformer with slightly tricky controls, thou quick to understand. 4 skill levels

You have to get your way to the top of the screen, using your rope & flashlight and collect the Golden Roc bird(White PAL)

Fire button to use your flashlight. Joystick up and fire button to shoot rope. Down to drop off rope and when you reach the top of the rope push up to climb up to the platform. If you are on a rope and an enemy shakes the rope, stop moving or you will lose a life

Fall to far and you lose a life. Collect the Magical eggs to become invincible, walk into enemies and they will disappear.

DSC_0031.JPG

DSC_0018.JPG

DSC_0020.JPG

DSC_0022.JPG

DSC_0024.JPG

DSC_0028.JPG

DSC_0030.JPG

DSC_0033.JPG

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, shane857 said:

A fun arcade platformer with slightly tricky controls, thou quick to understand. 4 skill levels

You have to get your way to the top of the screen, using your rope & flashlight and collect the Golden Roc bird(White PAL)

Fire button to use your flashlight. Joystick up and fire button to shoot rope. Down to drop off rope and when you reach the top of the rope push up to climb up to the platform. If you are on a rope and an enemy shakes the rope, stop moving or you will lose a life

Fall to far and you lose a life. Collect the Magical eggs to become invincible, walk into enemies and they will disappear.

DSC_0031.JPG

DSC_0018.JPG

DSC_0020.JPG

DSC_0022.JPG

DSC_0024.JPG

DSC_0028.JPG

DSC_0030.JPG

DSC_0033.JPG

It is a very nice game 👍

I remember first having problems to drop off the rope at the right position. If you are one pixel too high, you'll die😅

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

34 minutes ago, shane857 said:

DSC_0031.JPG

DSC_0018.JPG

DSC_0020.JPG

DSC_0022.JPG

DSC_0024.JPG

DSC_0028.JPG

DSC_0030.JPG

DSC_0033.JPG

I have never played this one. Looks interesting.

Edited by MrChickenz
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, DEANJIMMY said:

It is a very nice game 👍

I remember first having problems to drop off the rope at the right position. If you are one pixel too high, you'll die😅

Yes. You have to be pixel perfect.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, shane857 said:

DSC_0031.JPG

DSC_0018.JPG

DSC_0020.JPG

DSC_0022.JPG

DSC_0024.JPG

DSC_0028.JPG

DSC_0030.JPG

DSC_0033.JPG

I enjoy this one too.

If you've never played it make sure that you are in a patient mood as it demands precision to the point of aggravation. I find it similar to Miner 2049er in it's finicky pixel perfect play, but it's more like Miner 2049er x 10. 

That aside, when you get the hang of it it's a good game. 

I have the NTSC version, the PAL colours are dreadful. 

• Like 2