IGNORED

Alice Sisters for Atari Falcon

After 3 years of development, Alice Sisters is now available for the Atari Falcon computer !
Enjoy a puzzle platformer with 28 levels in 4 worlds and a 2 players co-op mode !
Buy the game here https://orionsoft.itch.io/alice-sisters

alicesisters.gif

Video of the game played on a real Falcon 030: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5GbmLMS3EI

This game works on both Atari Falcon 030 and 060, 7 mbytes of RAM is required, 26 mbytes of disk space is required.
It works on VGA or TV. An effort was made so that you can install the game using only 4 HD floppy disk despite the final game taking up to 22 mbytes on the harddrive !

The game was originally made for the Sega Genesis/Megadrive.
This Atari Falcon version is not perfect and has cutdowns due to the obvious hardware limitation of the Atari Falcon compared to the Sega Genesis/Megadrive. This port took me almost 3 years, an insane amount of efforts, about 2000 lines of assembly code only for the graphics rendering part. The game runs at 30fps, I know it's not perfect, there are some little graphic glitches, it could run at 60fps with some DML guru coders technics, but it's the best I can do with my coding skills.

Enjoy !

• Like 11
  • Thanks 3

On 2/12/2024 at 11:38 PM, Orion_ said:

yes, it was actively developed using hatari for faster testing

Great to know. I bought the game, but I am unable to install it. I wish to try it in the Hatari emulator, but I don't know how to decompress SHK files on Windows. I've googled everywhere but it seems a too archaic format for mainstream web searches. Would you please provide a more emulator-friendly version of the Falcon files in a simple ZIP compressed folder? Thank you so much.

Thank you porting these games to the Falcon!

My dog loved "Alice's Mom's Rescue" on the Jaguar, and she approves of these ports too 😀

One question - is the lack of support for the Jagpad on the Falcon a deliberate design decision?  If not, is it hard to add?

image.thumb.png.9a1ce31dccd7341c8ab35246bc33b171.png