IGNORED

Carnival

Zonie

I'd love to see a Carnival release for the 7800 version too with extra stages, perhaps one that simulated the shooting range in the old amusement parks, etc. Where things pop up and you have to shoot them quickly before they go back down. Also, the ones that have all sorts of animals, bottles, a piano player, etc. and when you successfully shoot the little target on or near the prop it animates such as the piano player wakes up and starts playing the piano for 10 seconds or so, the animals might move back and forth a bit, etc. I used to love those shooting galleries. Playland in Rye, NY had/has a great one I loved playing it even more than playing the classic arcade games in the nearby arcade back in the day (early/mid 1980s).

Hopefully a version of Carnival like Venture for the 7800 will be released with extra stages and unlike Venture, with high score saving as well. :)

Edited by Draugr

On 2/12/2024 at 9:11 PM, Karl G said:

What kind of enhancements do you envision in a 7800 version of the game?

Well, the music for one, and see below:

On 2/14/2024 at 5:19 PM, Draugr said:

I'd love to see a Carnival release for the 7800 version too with extra stages, perhaps one that simulated the shooting range in the old amusement parks, etc. Where things pop up and you have to shoot them quickly before they go back down. Also, the ones that have all sorts of animals, bottles, a piano player, etc. and when you successfully shoot the little target on or near the prop it animates such as the piano player wakes up and starts playing the piano for 10 seconds or so, the animals might move back and forth a bit, etc. I used to love those shooting galleries. Playland in Rye, NY had/has a great one I loved playing it even more than playing the classic arcade games in the nearby arcade back in the day (early/mid 1980s).

Hopefully a version of Carnival like Venture for the 7800 will be released with extra stages and unlike Venture, with high score saving as well. :)

Edited by Zonie
  • Like 1

I would want one option authentic to the arcade cabinet version and then another "enhanced" option, with nicer graphics and maybe spruce up the game play somewhat.

Unless you want a version with a built in Pokey or other sound chip, the sound would be worse.  But if someone did decide to include such a chip, being able shoot notes might be a cool option.  Give different notes that if shot in the right order to match a tune, then you get a bonus.  Just have the notes randomly in with the targets.  I'm sure there are plenty of cool things you can do, that I am just way too not-creative to think of.

Frankly, I think the whole retro scene is missing this element.  Like how many version of Donkey Kong are out there now?  One guy is working on what looks like a pretty authentic port to the A500. YET, we only have 2 versions of Donkey Kong Remixed available for all of the retro systems (Intellivision and COCO3).

A lot of our favorite retro arcade games we've been playing for 40 years.  A "part 2" or "enhanced" version can breathe new life into these old classics.  Pac Man Plus has done that by porting obscure arcade games most of us have not yet tired of playing because there was never an option for at home playing.  Or by including so many of the derivative pac man ports in the pac man collection.  But short of that, there really isn't much of this going on.