IGNORED

Discovered this 80's Arcade near me and I love hanging out there!

TampaBay

7 minutes ago, sramirez2008 said:

I’ve been to the Red Bank location. I like Yestercades, lots of coin-ops, only issue is that they are mostly side by side one another. You may want to check out The Morristown Game Vault. They have a nice selection with plenty of room between each one http://www.morristowngamevault.com/

IMG_5023.jpeg

Both of those arcades look pretty cool.  If I was ever that way, I'd definitely check them out.

• Like 1

Just now, sramirez2008 said:

@TampaBay I look forward to visiting Replay Museum. We have family an hour and a half north of Tarpon Springs. Thanks for posting this.👍

Very cool.  It's a lot of fun in there.  Just be prepared if you head over... it's really bright in there, haha.  💡 💡  I may have to make a polite request someday that they turn down the lights a bit.  😀

8 minutes ago, TampaBay said:

Both of those arcades look pretty cool.  If I was ever that way, I'd definitely check them out.

I’m originally from NY, but now live in Houston TX. If you ever make your way here, we have an Arcade (The Game Preserve) with two locations. I recently visited the one near NASA for a second time. Here are a few photos. 

IMG_5024.jpeg

IMG_5025.jpeg

IMG_5026.jpeg

IMG_5027.jpeg

IMG_5028.jpeg

IMG_5029.jpeg

IMG_5030.jpeg

IMG_5031.jpeg

IMG_5032.jpeg

IMG_5033.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, sramirez2008 said:

I’m originally from NY, but now live in Houston TX. If you ever make your way here, we have an Arcade (The Game Preserve) with two locations. I recently visited the one near NASA for a second time. Here are a few photos. 

IMG_5024.jpeg

IMG_5025.jpeg

IMG_5026.jpeg

IMG_5027.jpeg

IMG_5028.jpeg

IMG_5029.jpeg

IMG_5030.jpeg

IMG_5031.jpeg

IMG_5032.jpeg

Oh wow, that looks awesome.  I would definitely check that out!!

I don't know if you saw my post yet that I just posted a second ago, but yeah, the lighting in your places in Texas is what I'm looking for.  Looks great.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TampaBay said:

I don't know if you saw my post yet that I just posted a second ago, but yeah, the lighting in your places in Texas is what I'm looking for.  Looks great.

I read it. I prefer a darker setting. Some arcades place all of their Vector games in dark rooms and that works too. If you’re ever in Portland OR, you have to visit Ground Kontrol. It’s not as dark as our arcades, but their array of games is awesome. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, TampaBay said:

That video came out great.  Thanks for sharing.   It really showed off the pinball as well.  Funny, I'm tentatively planning on going this Thursday or Friday and I was going to take video, because I just realized I've only taken photos and no video.  Your video does a pretty perfect job of capturing the place, so you may have saved me the time!  😀  I may still take some additioinal video of the arcade cabinets, assuming it's quiet in there when I go (it usually is pretty empty at around 11am).  We'll see.  I usually get right into the games!

Definitely get some video of the arcade cabinets. I tend to stick to pinball when shooting video, ignoring the arcade cabs.

Also that video is from last spring, so their lineup may have changed since then.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, watercooler said:

Definitely get some video of the arcade cabinets. I tend to stick to pinball when shooting video, ignoring the arcade cabs.

OK will do!! 📹

14 minutes ago, sramirez2008 said:

If you’re ever in Portland OR, you have to visit Ground Kontrol. It’s not as dark as our arcades, but their array of games is awesome. 

Yeah that Ground Kontrol place looks amazing too.  They've got TRON, Star Wars, Galaga, and many of my other favorites, so I'm good!  

Yep, the place in Vegas has similar lighting to Replay.  Still looks pretty awesome though.

14 minutes ago, YexxenBlaster said:

Awesome list!  You have many of my favorites on there, including all of these!:

Asteroids
Battlezone
Berzerk
Black Widow
BurgerTime
Centipede
Defender
Dig Dug
Discs of Tron
Donkey Kong
Dragon’s Lair
Frogger
Galaga
Gravitar
Joust
Jungle Hunt
Kangaroo
Lunar Lander
Major Havoc
Mappy
Millipede
Missile Command
Moon Patrol
Ms. Pac-Man
Pac-Man
Pengo
Pole Position
Popeye
Q*bert
Rally-X
Robotron 2084
Sea Wolf
Space Ace
Space Duel
Space Invaders
Spy Hunter
Star Wars
Tapper
Tempest
Tron
Wizard of Wor
Zaxxon

• Thanks 1

My arcade would have prizes for whoever has the highest score in a competition. I was thinking a Snoopy snowcone machine, a Pac-Man/Donkey Kong plush from the '80s, or a Mappy keychain from the '80s.

• Like 1