IGNORED

Custom firmware for Atari Gamestation Pro

Posted (edited)

You will need a keyboard to configure Stella to how you want it, some options do not work with a joystick so will need a keyboard plugged in, a keyboard works OK with it if you plug it into a 4 port HUB then plug that into the second front USB port in GSP then you can plug other devices into it like the second GSP USB joystick.
To load Stella you Press and Hold Menu Button Down and then press the A Button and hold both down for about 2 seconds and it will set it up to load Stella and then do a reboot you see it say it on the screen then it will load into Stella Mode... :) to go back to PCUAE Mode(GSP GUI Mode) you Press and Hold Down the Menu and B Buttons Down the same... :)

Well its getting there... :)

#------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------#
                ***Project Carousel USB Anniversary Edition(PCUAE) by Spannernick***
                              PCUAE idea and created by Spannernick,
                                      RetroNuts on YouTube,
                              For THEC64 Mini,THEC64 Maxi,THEVIC 20,
                         and now for THEA500 Mini and Atari 2600 plus too
                              This is free for non commercial use,
                                           NOT to SELL.

***HELP***
#------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------#
Menu+A Button - Enable Stella Mode.
Menu+B Button - Back to PCUAE Mode(Restart USB Loader Mode).
Menu+C Button - Retroarch Mode.
Menu+Start Button - VICE Mode
Menu+Back Right LED Button - Reset
Menu+Select Button - Power Off Safely(USB DRIVE)

You can use a keyboard to start Stella too using its shortcuts, I still need to edit them so change them a bit, they are for the Atari2600 Plus.. :)

***Project Carousel USB Anniversary Edition(PCUAE) by Spannernick***
                              PCUAE idea and created by Spannernick,
                                      RetroNuts on YouTube,
                              For THEC64 Mini,THEC64 Maxi,THEVIC 20,
                         and now for THEA500 Mini and Atari 2600 plus too
                              This is free for non commercial use,
                                           NOT to SELL.

***HELP***
# Press and HOLD DOWN CTRL Key then Press the other Key and HOLD both DOWN for 2 seconds          #
# or for as long as it takes for the screen to goes black(blank).                                 #
#=================================================================================================#
 CTRL+F1 - Enable Stella Mode, Run ROM Game Files in Stella.
 CTRL+F2 - Enable Stella Cartridge Mode, Run 2600 Cartridges in Stella Only, not 7800.
 CTRL+F3 - Retroarch Mode(beta), Run Retroarch GUI and its Cores.
 CTRL+F4 - Back to PCUAE Mode, back too or Restart PCUAE Mode.
 CTRL+F5 - Amiga Mode(PUAE) Amiga Workbench 1.3.
 CTRL+F6 - MSX/Colecovision Mode, Run ROM Games for MSX and COL.
 CTRL+F7 - ATARI ST Mode, Run the Atari ST Hard Drive
 CTRL+F8 - Vice Mode, Run 6 CBM Machine, VIC20, PET, C64, C16/Plus4, C128 and C64 DTV(Games Menu).
 CTRL+F9 - Power Off Safely(USB DRIVE).
 CTRL+F10 - Reset.
 CTRL+Backspace - Origanl Cartridge Mode, This is the Cartridge Mode that you get if you start the
 console without the PCUAE USB Drive plugged in.
 This will backup your Cartridge for you as a .bin files too in /.options/dumper-download so if you
 want a copy of it or want to load it on something else, you might find some carts have loading
 problems and this is one way of trying to perserve a copy of it.
#=================================================================================================#
 CTRL+? - Disable Atari2600 Plus Shortcut Key Selector, to use the shortcuts in Stella.
 You only need to do this if your running Stella and want to use one of its CTRL and F keys.
 Press CTRL+? again to enable this again to turn it on.
 CTRL+E - Experiment Mode(EXF)(Experimental Firmware v1.1x-r2, version 2).
 Use at your own risk, might have bugs, by Raz0red, Ben and the PLAION Team, from Atari Age forum,
 Beta Firmware.
 CTRL+R - Toggle 50/60Hz Mode, 50hz PAL or 60hz NTSC, 60hz is faster then 50hz so games will run
 faster if your on 50hz but if your on 60hz already then if changed to 50hz it will run the game
 slower.
 CTRL+D - Toggle Dmenu Enble, Disable, Disabling the DMENU will disable the SELECT,RESET Switches
 On the console but can boot a game from USB without a cartridge in the slot.
 CTRL+G - Go To Atari2600/7800 PCUAE Games Mode...
 CTRL+O - Go To Atari2600 Plus DOS Games Mode...
 CTRL+P - Go To Atari2600 Plus Playstation Games Mode...

Edited by Spanner

Was thinking... You could change the sections in the GUI so say change Arcades to Machines and change bonus games into Arcades in the GUI but it would not change in the database because you be just changing the image its using, one thing I like to do is get rid of the bonus games, like you did on the AtGames Mega Drive with SD Card from 2018 and replace them all with Atari games so its a Atari console only.
The bonus games are added to make you think it has 200+ Atari games when it don't, same as on the AtGames Mega Drives.

Posted (edited)
On 5/25/2024 at 10:43 AM, Spanner said:

I made a trigger for the Intelivision game Stonix and it does not load it

Did you deploy the runme script?  If so, check out the files under the 'logs' folder.  If not, it's not going to work.  The runme is required.

Did you first try to run the game via folder navigation? If you use the deploy options built into the windows app, it should work fine.

Did you look at the documentation?  There's a lot there, but if you went through it, it's all explained.

This is a trigger file.

This trigger file is a 'dummy' file, used in order to "trick" the MyArcade application into "seeing" the file when using Folder navigation.  You select this file when using Folder navigation, and it will read from the database and run the actual game defined in the database record.  It's also fine to use this same 'dummy' file in the GAMES table of the database (for showing games in the GUI).  The runme script will lookup the record and run the game as configured in the database.

With this chart, everything under "GUI App" and everything under "Folder Navigation" assumes that a game has been selected (by one of those 2 available methods).  Before the "runme" is executed, you choose a game, and then the runme evaluates the information passed based on the game selection.

image.thumb.png.7ac2b0eb4636ed55b414e644a9f826a8.png

Edited by big_guitar
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 5/31/2024 at 3:39 AM, big_guitar said:

Did you deploy the runme script?  If so, check out the files under the 'logs' folder.  If not, it's not going to work.  The runme is required.

Did you first try to run the game via folder navigation? If you use the deploy options built into the windows app, it should work fine.

Did you look at the documentation?  There's a lot there, but if you went through it, it's all explained.

This is a trigger file.

This trigger file is a 'dummy' file, used in order to "trick" the MyArcade application into "seeing" the file when using Folder navigation.  You select this file when using Folder navigation, and it will read from the database and run the actual game defined in the database record.  It's also fine to use this same 'dummy' file in the GAMES table of the database (for showing games in the GUI).  The runme script will lookup the record and run the game as configured in the database.

With this chart, everything under "GUI App" and everything under "Folder Navigation" assumes that a game has been selected (by one of those 2 available methods).  Before the "runme" is executed, you choose a game, and then the runme evaluates the information passed based on the game selection.

image.thumb.png.7ac2b0eb4636ed55b414e644a9f826a8.png

I fixed the game now, I had to put all its files in one folder, once I did that then the game worked... :) and I made a mistake in the spelling of `INTV`, so it was just `TV` and that was why it did work too, I just didn't see it, I am Dyslectic.
Idea... Again... :)

Because AGSP uses the Retroarch.cfg files to change it joystick buttons and that, have you ever thought of adding a setting in the app so it makes them so changes the keys it uses, you only need to change Player 1 and Player 2 joystick buttons in the cfg file because they have removed Autoconfig so it sets the joystick buttons the old way RA use to do it via its cfg file, thats why with each game you need a cfg file, its abit like a Autoconfig file in a way where it holds all the buttons for different joysticks or controllers, but Autoconfig is automatic, if it finds the right file that matches the joystick plugged in then it uses it for it, they under sdl2, udev folders in the Autoconfig folder, they probably removed Autoconfig because they want you to use the joystick only that comes with AGSP, same reason why the Atari2600 Plus does not use it too, its uses only one joystick/controller(TheGamepad) for its DB9 ports, Left DB9 Port uses the joystick and the Right DB9 Port use the Hat so one joystick/controller, clever idea... :)

Edited by Spanner

1 hour ago, Spanner said:

have you ever thought of adding a setting in the app so it makes them so changes the keys it uses

Sorry, I'm not exactly certain of what you're asking. 

The way I made the app,  you would define or select the retroarch cfg file for each game, which is why I made a table where you can store all your custom RA cfg files.  Now we could of course actually use autoconfig, however, there are some games and scenarios where you still may need to modify the main retroarch cfg file, so I decided just do it all in the cfg file passed to retroarch so you're only dealing with one file.  There are some times where a "remap" file is appropriate, especially if you need to use 2 controllers acting as one, or if you prefer to move the action buttons around. 

Now I was thinking of providing a folder option where all files in that folder would use the same cfg file, assuming there is some consistency with the apps for a specific core for example, and you're always wanting to use the same controller with those grouping of files.

image.thumb.png.2dfecadc34e87754d1067690709ffa23.png

Posted (edited)
19 hours ago, big_guitar said:

Sorry, I'm not exactly certain of what you're asking. 

The way I made the app,  you would define or select the retroarch cfg file for each game, which is why I made a table where you can store all your custom RA cfg files.  Now we could of course actually use autoconfig, however, there are some games and scenarios where you still may need to modify the main retroarch cfg file, so I decided just do it all in the cfg file passed to retroarch so you're only dealing with one file.  There are some times where a "remap" file is appropriate, especially if you need to use 2 controllers acting as one, or if you prefer to move the action buttons around. 

Now I was thinking of providing a folder option where all files in that folder would use the same cfg file, assuming there is some consistency with the apps for a specific core for example, and you're always wanting to use the same controller with those grouping of files.

image.thumb.png.2dfecadc34e87754d1067690709ffa23.png

I was on about added a joystick page(Controller Configuration) to the app so the app can sets up the keys/buttons for the joystick or controller it uses for that game.

Like this:
image.thumb.png.768f823b6cea48ebe365be1e29a73825.png

Edited by Spanner

Posted (edited)

Found out what the keys are in evtest in Linux are called now, this might help someone...:)

Twin USB Joystick Buttons in Evtest Port 1
===========================================

Joystick Buttons
================

BTN_EAST=A Button

BTN_NORTH=B Button

BTN_SOUTH=C Button

BTN_TR=Start Button

BTN_TL=Select Button

BTN_MODE=Menu Button

KEY_Q=LED Back Button - On the back of joystick, right side looking at it from the back of the joystick, its next to a white LED, it controls the main LED around the stick and around the Power Reset Buttons on the 
console, if you hold it down for about 5 seconds it changes the LED color.

Joystick UP/Down/Left/Right
===========================

The joystick is connected to the Arrow keys on the keyboard
============================================================

KEY_UP=Joystick Up

KEY_DOWN=Joystick Down

KEY_LEFT=Joystick Left

KEY_RIGHT=Joystick Right

Edited by Spanner

I will be adding a SD card backup script to PCUAE, you see a PCUAE logo appear at startup and saying its `Backing up the SD Card to the USB Drive, Please Wait...`, it will only do it once and might take a while depending on how many files and folder are on the SD card, I will get it to check for them first so only copy the right files and folders, I am adding it just in case the SD card gets corrupted because AGSP has no shutdown and if you forget to power it off via the shut down shortcut on the joystick/keyboard and just press the power button instead... :)

Posted (edited)
On 2/13/2024 at 7:56 PM, Brad_from_the_80s said:

Greetings Atarians!

For those who have been asking, here is my customized firmware image for the Atari Gamestation Pro.  This is along the same lines as the custom firmwares I have produced for Atari Flashback devices.  It allows you to add games and box art from the SD card to the Gamestation Pro menu and perform other customizations.

The filename is Firmware-c.img and you install it using the same method for the official 1.30 firmware.  On successful install it will update your version number to 1.30c

To use the new firmware features your SD card should be formatted as exFAT.  The custom firmware will not function correctly with FAT32 currently.

The firmware is activated by detecting a "mount_sd.ini" file on the sd card in the /agsp directory.  Extract /agsp folder from the attached agsp.zip archive to your sd card.  When the firmware sees the mount_sd.ini file inside this folder it will dump the internal /data partition to the sd card and remount it there.  The data folder will contain all of the system's game roms and boxart as well as the games.db file for the menu.  Dumping data takes about 40s with my sd card, a Sandisk Extreme UHS-I card that can write up to 90MB/s.  You will see the Loading screen while it is busy writing.  If you are using an old/slow SD card then the operation may take longer for you.  Give it up to 5-10 minutes in the extreme.

After dumping the /data partition (if it is not already present on the sd card), the firmware will run the startup.sh script in the agsp folder on the card.  This script will detect if a games.ini file needs to be generated (ie /data/games.ini doesn't exist).  It will run a simple SQL command piped to an awk script to spit out the .ini file.  If the games.ini file does exist, the script will read the first value in the file, "update_db".  If this value is set to 1 then the script will run a couple of SQL statements to truncate the db tables and execute a small binary utility, ini2gamedb, to import the ini file contents back into games.db.  It will then clear the update_db flag back to 0 in the games.ini file.

Finally there is a dump_retro flag in mount_sd.ini.  Set it and the script will extract retroarch binary and cores to a folder on the sd_card.  This does not really activate them from the sd card, but will enable the community to play around with using or modifying them as they see fit.  This is more a proof-of-concept of what can be done.  You can modify the startup.sh script as needed, but you'll need to test what works correctly with the busybox variant of ash shell.  Similarly the game launch script "start_local_sd.sh" will now be located under /data on the sd card.  The support for sourcing runme.sh from /agsp from the earlier patched firmware is still present, but you can modify it however you wish.  Of course if you break this script then your games won't launch.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Adding games should be fairly straightforward.  For each game to display in the menu add a new ini section to /data/games.ini file.  The section name should match the rom file name exactly.  Fill in the rest of the ini sections, copying values from similar existing games where necessary.  For the "about" and "controls" sections, these are text bodies for display in the UI game description screen.  For larger entries that span multiple lines or have line breaks for formatting you need to be sure to start and end the content with a double quote (").  The ini converter generally should ignore entries it does not understand, but if anything goes wrong it should write a small log file under /data.

Here is a sample of a new game entry added to the new games.ini file:

[Pac-Man]
display_name=Pac-Man
suffix=.a26
release_date=1981
players=1 OR 2
class_type=1
game_type=5
hard=0
save=1
timer=/data/Games/Atari_Games/Atari 2600
about="We know that millions of people all over the world just love the PAC-MAN arcade game.  PAC-MAN has won the hearts of men, women, and children everywhere.  We also know that PAC-MAN has traditionally been an arcade game.  Well, we at ATARI know all about arcade games. After all, we make some of the greatest arcade games in the world, and we know how to bring the same dynamite game play into your home."
controls=Press A, then use the Joystick.
vertical=0

Some of the fields are pretty obvious.  The section name must match the rom file name, although it can contain spaces.  The display name can be prettier.  The path to the rom location for some weird reason is called "timer".  The game_type should correspond to what has been documented in the discussion threads already, and as found in the game launch script.  The class_type and hard fields are a little more obscure.  We have attached some information (thanks @Vic20Ian ), but the community may have to experiment with those.  Generally just try to copy values from similar types of games.  I am also providing a .csv dump of the original tbl_game table from games.db.

Remember to set the games.ini "update_db" value to 1 (first line of file) any time you want to import new custom entries into the games.db file on startup.

Place the matching rom file in the appropriate folder under /data/Games.  Co-located with the game are the menu images.  They each share the same file name as the rom.  There is a .png image for the box art, a .jpg image for the screen shot, and a <GameName>_title.png image for the title banner text/graphic.  Any new games added to the system should have corresponding image files of the same/matching size.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have tried to make my implementation reasonably resilient and recoverable, but issues may still occur.

If you somehow create a really bad ini file or corrupt the games.db file (not likely but possible) there are different things you can do.  Delete the /data/games.ini file and the startup script will generate a new one from games.db.  Delete the /data/games.db and the system will copy the default one back to the sd card /data folder on startup.  Delete or rename the entire /data folder and the system will regenerate it on startup so long as it sees the /agsp/mount_sd.ini file.  Delete or rename the /agsp folder or mount_sd.ini file, or remove the sd card, and the system will just run off of the default internal /data partition and stock configuration. The functionality related to using a /Games folder on the sd card should remain unaffected.

Also it is not known how many games you can add to the UI before it starts to encounter any loading or performance issues.

No promises, no warranties.  Use this firmware at your own risk.  But I hope the community gets some utility out of it for enhancing their Atari Gamestation Pros.

Firmware-c.img 215.5 MB · 833 downloads agsp.zip 1.67 kB · 907 downloads game_type.txt 1.16 kB · 720 downloads class_type.txt 686 B · 693 downloads tbl_game_202401280228.csv 114.7 kB · 661 downloads

I just noticed something, if you connect the AGSP via it debug port(UART) and have the original firmware on it you see nothing coming from it, but once you flash it with the Custom Firmware you then can see it booting Uboot and then its kernel booting, you can not see it without it, but the firmware is still party blocked so you see nothing after the kernal line, its serial is turned off in UBoot so you then have to <interupt> (CTRL+C) it and type `fdt set serial0 status okay` then type `boot` and then you see everything and its log as its booting its GUI in the terminal(Putty), I can see why they blocked it, its a compete mess when the GUI is running because you see everything its doing on the terminal, so you see when you move the joystick in the GUI on the terminal screen too so its power by SDL2, I have seen another app like it where it shows what it doing that same way and that uses SDL too.
Uboot need rebuilding with the serial fdt set so its on not off, thats its problem, it turned off so always have to interrupt it and typing that line in again and because Interrupt is set at 0 it sometimes does not interrupt it so have to kept doing it over and over until Uboot sees CTRL+C been held down, if it misses it then power off, power on again until it interrupts it and you can type the fdt set line in Uboot above.

Edited by Spanner

Posted (edited)

[Windows Update]  gspgames-060.

Extract the 0.6.0 zip on top of the 0.5.7d extracted folder.

Ok so here's a version that will provide a list based on your search (or 'load all games").

You can sort the list by header clicks (toggle), ascending, descending, default (the order stored in the database). 

In this example, the database default sort came from Game Type descending and then Title ascending, so the default list is displayed accordingly.

For now, there's a preview of the screenshot image if one is defined. If you click on the image, it will show the full size (based on 362 x 278). Click again to toggle back.

I will see about a separate window for previewing images to deploying to the sdcard.

image.thumb.png.648861a54e898cbd480ad2dbf803d5e7.png image.thumb.png.f6b3500faab1bb95326476f751a06a7f.png

gspgames-060.zip

Edited by big_guitar
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

Same as above, except this one will allow you to reduce the total width to hide the list panel, closer to the 057d standard width.

(you can widen again which will again display the list panel)

gspgames-060a.zip 198.6 kB · 2 downloads

Thanks... :)
If you want to use PCUAE Manager as a example of ideas, you could install it just to see how it works and that, its having stuff added to it all the time so still been updated, you can download it here, it will ask you when you run for the first time if you want to download a update for it when you start it, it downloads the updates from Github and copies over its exe file then reruns it, all updates are in its exe file only, it does use Java in the JRE folder, it does not work without it, it has a main install then gets updated by its exe file only from Github.
It exports the games from PCUAE Manager to THEC64 PCUAE USB Drive(USB Stick, SD Card or SSD Drive)
I thought this be better then saying can you add this and that and can look at it in your own time and add what you want to add to gspgames... :)
Here is a gif picture of it been used, its a bit old so it has more features now.
206676342-ff86c485-1c82-4944-a78a-d56034
A bit of info why it looks the way it does, well it look came from the True Blue THEC64 Mini Games Manager app, thats where the joystick Pictures(images) came from and part of its layout, when they made it they copied PCUAE so I thought I do the same to them... :), its because of them why RGL lock there carousel down now so can not add games to it like you can on THEC64,they got done for Copyright Theft and Money Laundering in the US in the end, the games on the TB USB Sticks they were selling, were not there copyright, plus they would use other peoples mods to hack into mini consoles.

Edited by Spanner

18 hours ago, Spanner said:

PCUAE Manager as a example of ideas,

Yes, as I've mentioned, I'm already quite familiar with this app from a user perspective.

The GSP controllers are limited in scope, and many games and cores are best handled with more modern controllers. Designing a feature to support manual controller configs in the app would be a challenge, especially with so many different controllers people have, and I have very few myself. Even with autoconfig, some games require additional config tweaks. RA in general is a beast to deal with.  I still would like to figure out exactly what action is performed by the myarcade app to enable the GSP paddle.  Even then, I think most of the alternative RA cores are not designed to accept paddle input, so perhaps not worth the effort, but there could be some benefit still as one of the built in mame cores does seem to support it from the arcade game perspective. 

Posted (edited)

Do not see why THEGamepad would not work with AGSP too, you can use it in the Atari2600 Plus via a USB adapter.

The AGSP USB joystick works like its a keyboard manly so its Up, Down, Left and Right stick is the Arrow keys really, it does not work like a real joystick, it does not work properly on the PCUAE Mode Changer that uses joy2keys so you can use the joystick in the dialog menu, it does not reconise its buttons only its Arrow keys work in the menu, have not figured out how to fix it yet, might have to just use the keyboard with the menu instead or I could use THEGamepad instead like I did on the Atari2600 Plus, might be better, they made the joystick only compatible with AGSP GUI, thats why it uses the keys only.
The Paddle it a separate device on the joystick and when you start a paddle game it disconnects the USB joystick and enables the USB Paddle device, I look it the paddle to for you.
I looked a RA yesterday and tried to see if it would run on its own and it don't, its been hacked so alot of stuff has been removed, it don't even display its version, I am guessing its using from RA 1.7.0 to v1.9.4 looking at its binary its the same size as RA 1.7.0 but stuff has being removed like core options and that so it size could be different.

Edited by Spanner

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, Spanner said:

I looked a RA yesterday and tried to see if it would run on its own and it don't, its been hacked so alot of stuff has been removed, it don't even display its version, I am guessing its using from RA 1.7.0 to v1.9.4 looking at its binary its the same size as RA 1.7.0 but stuff has being removed like core options and that so it size could be different.

It reports as 1.7.4.

On the GSP, the RA version info (passing '--version' on the command line) spits out the git reference 7dab294, but that's just their own build reference, with the compiler reference of 

GCC (6.5.0) 32-bitBuilt: Oct 10 2023  The usage spit out is generic, and not all of the usage options work, such as "--verbose". 

Plus, the usage listing does not report their custom hack-job options of "-y" and "-k".

You can pass --menu, and it will load the menu if you have your CFG file passed to it setup properly, but it will not work with a keyboard.

This image I captured on January 12, 2024, originally posted here.  I have others, but didn't post all of them of course.  Not sure why the build date reports differently from the command line "--version" result.

system-info-from-20240112.jpg

Edited by big_guitar

1 hour ago, big_guitar said:

It reports as 1.7.4.

On the GSP, the RA version info (passing '--version' on the command line) spits out the git reference 7dab294, but that's just their own build reference, with the compiler reference of 

GCC (6.5.0) 32-bitBuilt: Oct 10 2023  The usage spit out is generic, and not all of the usage options work, such as "--verbose". 

Plus, the usage listing does not report their custom hack-job options of "-y" and "-k".

You can pass --menu, and it will load the menu if you have your CFG file passed to it setup properly, but it will not work with a keyboard.

This image I captured on January 12, 2024, originally posted here.  I have others, but didn't post all of them of course.  Not sure why the build date reports differently from the command line "--version" result.

system-info-from-20240112.jpg

1.7.4, I thought it was 1.7 something because it is almost the same size as 1.7.0, I just got 1.9.4 from the Atari2600 Plus Rev2 working on it... :) got it loading games via Atari Mode and the Atari 800, they both use the same Buildroot but different kernel and wounder if it would work, RA 1.7.0 doesn't.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

@GB_Baker compiled a few 1.17 RA versions that run on GSP posted in the main thread.  Depending on how you plan to use it, there are some quirks with controller duplication that would be problematic especially for 2 player games, but it can be an issue with some 1 player games also.  But you can configure SDL2 for input driver with at least one of the versions (must use xdev still for joypad driver), and that seems to resolve the duplication issue, but it also causes the keyboard to not be recognized. He also compiled a 1.18.0 version, but in my testing I found that one more problematic than 1.17, but I spent limited time with the 1.18 build.  

Edited by big_guitar

5 hours ago, Spanner said:

Is there a way of removing all the bonus games and just keeping all the Atari games in the GSP Games Manager...?

If you mean completely removing the section category called bonus, I don't think that's possible outside of editing the graphics files to call the section something else.

If you just mean generally removing the games, yes, of course. You can even delete all the games and start adding games from scratch. That's the whole point behind editing the games table, expose the games you want exposed from the GUI standpoint.  If we could load the main app from the scdard and remap the related usr path used for the images, we could modify the graphics and use different category names as desired.  I wouldn't want only Atari games myself, but you can certainly expose the games you want exposed and remove the ones you don't want.

On 3/27/2024 at 2:36 PM, Torq said:

This will be my penultimate post for these banners/titles, box/cover-art and screenshots for the AGSP (errors excepted).  This time it is my initial set for the 7800, and follows the model set out in this post.

The .INI file entries are setup for a directory called "Atari 7800_c" (the full path is "/data/Games/Atari_Games/Atari 7800_c"), so all the .JPG and .PNG files (and your ROMs) need to go there.

This set includes the 7800 files (ROMs excepted) for:

Ace of Aces, Ballblazer, Barnyard Blaster, Choplifter!, Commando, Crossbow, Dig Dug, Donkey Kong, Donkey Kong Jr., Galaga, Joust, Karateka, Klax, Ms. Pac-Man, Pac-Man (for the PacManPlus/Pac-Man Collection version), Pole Position II, Rampage, Robotron: 2084, Summer Games, Winter Games and Xevious.

-

I'm not much of a 7800 fan - so was hard to come up with 20 titles I cared enough about (or that I didn't prefer other versions to), to do for this set.  Barnyard Blaster requires the XG-1 Light Gun, which I don' think can be adapted to work with the AGSP - but I'd created the files before I thought about that ...

Anyway, tomorrow I expect to post all the remaining 2600, 5200, Arcade and (if there are any) 7800 files I'm going to do - which should cover every game I care to have on the AGSP's main menu.  I'll likely post one file for each console, rather than splitting them up into sets of 20 games.  And after that I imagine I'll be spending some time with the 400 Mini.

AGSP 7800 Set 1.zip 5.96 MB · 65 downloads

I'm assuming at this point some folks have some pretty elaborate AGSP files set up for 1.30c firmware (meaning the games.ini config file defined and all the .png and .jpg files to go along with each game) for added games on various systems, including Arcade games. 

Torq shared some really useful zip files "early on" that helped a ton to get a lot of 2600, 5200 and 7800 games set up in the 1.30c menu system quickly and looking nice.   THANK YOU Torq!

Anyone else have any extensive ASGP games.ini files, along with all the associated .png and .jpg files to share?   Especially for Arcade games that would be REALLY helpful.   I am NOT requesting you post your ROMs of course!!   Just the games.ini file and the .png and .jpg files to go with it (like Torq did previously). 

Thanks!!!

Eric

Anyone here used 3D Arcade FE, it came out in 2000 and is a VR Arcade on PC for MAME..?
I made a arcade in it called Luna City Arcade(its was a real arcade in the US, a home arcade https://lunacityarcade.com/photos.htm ,Peter who made the arcade did like the 2600 and had it on the back wall of the arcade) and use it as a theme for AGSP plus added its arcade sound for the arcade too so you be able to change the music playing but done it so you can enable it on its own, all PCUAE settings are in the agsp pcuae_settings.txt file, PCUAE works the same way as on the Atari2600 Plus.

Edited by Spanner