IGNORED

Custom firmware for Atari Gamestation Pro

On 6/9/2024 at 5:10 AM, erichenneke said:

I'm assuming at this point some folks have some pretty elaborate AGSP files set up for 1.30c firmware (meaning the games.ini config file defined and all the .png and .jpg files to go along with each game) for added games on various systems, including Arcade games. 

Torq shared some really useful zip files "early on" that helped a ton to get a lot of 2600, 5200 and 7800 games set up in the 1.30c menu system quickly and looking nice.   THANK YOU Torq!

Anyone else have any extensive ASGP games.ini files, along with all the associated .png and .jpg files to share?   Especially for Arcade games that would be REALLY helpful.   I am NOT requesting you post your ROMs of course!!   Just the games.ini file and the .png and .jpg files to go with it (like Torq did previously). 

Thanks!!!

Eric

Good idea... :) just shear the info for the game(Info and pictures) so you can add them and find the roms yourself... :)

I need info for the arcade games or they can be games that are on console too for this arcade - https://lunacityarcade.com/photos.htm so they are part of the theme, there is a page that shows what arcade machines were in the arcade https://lunacityarcade.com/games.htm but its pictures are missing on the page... :( but can still see the machines names.
I just noticed no Pole Position 1 or 2 in AGSP... werid... :( oh thats owned by Namco that why, its not a Atari game, they imported it only, it makes you think its a Atari game when its not, best racing game they made was Ridge Racer... :) I played that loads of times on the PSOne... :) and Rage Racer and R4: Ridge Racer Type 4.

Edited by Spanner

I posted batches of the required images and .INI files entries for 2600, 5200, 7800 and various Arcade games earlier in this thread, but they're spread about a bit.  You can find the entire collection, as a single archive, at the bottom of this post.  It's still broken out by platform, but now just one folder and .INI file per platform, so should be easier to add to your own setups.

That post also talks about a tool I built to automate fetching, cropping and resizing box-art images for 2600, 5200 and 7800 games.

Haven't added any new games since that post (distracted by first the arrival of THE400 Mini, and then starting work developing an 8-bit game), but will post here if/when I do add more.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Spanner said:

Anyone here used 3D Arcade FE, it came out in 2000 and is a VR Arcade on PC for MAME..?
I made a arcade in it called Luna City Arcade(its was a real arcade in the US, a home arcade https://lunacityarcade.com/photos.htm ,Peter who made the arcade did like the 2600 and had it on the back wall of the arcade) and use it as a theme for AGSP plus added its arcade sound for the arcade too so you be able to change the music playing but done it so you can enable it on its own, all PCUAE settings are in the agsp pcuae_settings.txt file, PCUAE works the same way as on the Atari2600 Plus.

Hi Nick,

I am a 3D Arcade and PCUAE user - 3D Arcade is great front end though a bit complicated to get your head around for configuring videos to play and jukeboxes etc.

I love walking around the machines and hearing all the demo attract sounds.

Best regards,

Ian

• Like 1

Another idea is make GSP Games Manager use its own database file(games.db) and export the games from it to the sd card then your not going over the original games.db file, only when you export you are and it stops mistakes happening or the games.db file getting corrupted on the sdcard, and then have to start again.... :) just a idea.

You could add a backup folder to it where the games.db file sits and all its games.

Edited by Spanner

What would make it easier if GSP Games Manager has a backup where its reads the game.db from and then you can tell it where your sd card is so it can copy the files over for you to it, all editing or adding games are all done in the app and are sent to the backup folder and its games.db file and when your finish then you can export the games to the sd card and then we have all the files and folders organised by the app on the sd card and where all the files are meant to be instead of putting them in different places on the sd card, then everything in the backup folder could be exported to the sdcard.

One problem I have is because I am good at copying or editing stuff and not good at remembering what should be add there say, when you click on add new game because it blank so nothing in the form I don't know what to do or where this goes, you need to have something in it like the location of a the rom say(it can been any rom, just that it shows its url) so I can just edit it to make it into a new game, it because I am autistic and Dyslexic too, I hate forms too when you have to fill them in, I have a problem with them, only way I can explain it.... :)

Just changed the backup folder abit and added only the files needed, the rest is on the sd card that needs to be there, new file added, when you install it and run the app you should only need to press connect to connect to the database now, if you want to add your own database just copy over it with yours, its in the data folder, like on the sd card.

image.thumb.png.efaf83a702e634343c0a7e8391688f98.png

pcuae-agsp-games-manager-setup.exe

Edited by Spanner

On 5/31/2024 at 3:39 AM, big_guitar said:

Did you deploy the runme script?  If so, check out the files under the 'logs' folder.  If not, it's not going to work.  The runme is required.

Did you first try to run the game via folder navigation? If you use the deploy options built into the windows app, it should work fine.

Did you look at the documentation?  There's a lot there, but if you went through it, it's all explained.

This is a trigger file.

This trigger file is a 'dummy' file, used in order to "trick" the MyArcade application into "seeing" the file when using Folder navigation.  You select this file when using Folder navigation, and it will read from the database and run the actual game defined in the database record.  It's also fine to use this same 'dummy' file in the GAMES table of the database (for showing games in the GUI).  The runme script will lookup the record and run the game as configured in the database.

With this chart, everything under "GUI App" and everything under "Folder Navigation" assumes that a game has been selected (by one of those 2 available methods).  Before the "runme" is executed, you choose a game, and then the runme evaluates the information passed based on the game selection.

image.thumb.png.7ac2b0eb4636ed55b414e644a9f826a8.png

So you do not need a trigger file if your adding the game to the GUI Menu only, ah that was why it was confusing me, I thought you needed one so you could add its images, now I know... :)

Another thing that was bugging me was why does AGSP use a game.db file and a games.ini file, does it use both of them, on the AtGames Mega Drive it only has a games.ini file, I think the Atari Flashback dose too, not sure.

Edited by Spanner

5 hours ago, Spanner said:

Another thing that was bugging me was why does AGSP use a game.db file and a games.ini file

By default, there is no INI file (games.ini) included with the GSP.  

The MyArcade application itself (/usr/bin/game)  DOES NOT RECOGNIZE the INI file (games.ini), it only recognizes games.db file.

Timeline:

• GSP sold with 1.20 firmware as I recall, then they released the 1.30 update
  • Brad took 1.30 and made 1.30c to expose games.db to the SDCARD.  He also wrote a program called "ini2gamedb" so you could use a simple text file editor to update the games.db using a text file (games.ini).
    Read page 1 of the post for instructions
  • A few people wondered why there wasn't a Windows app to edit the games.db file directly (instead of using ini2gamedb), so I decided to make one. 
Edited by big_guitar

I got the Atari800-libretro core to work in the AGSP and managed to load PAC Man, I hacked its so file and moved its atari800.cfg file to /mnt so it could find it... :) then find its bios files but none of the buttons work on the joystick so the game does not start, does anyone know how you get the start on the emulated Atari800 to work on the joystick start button, hopefully if its starts the game you be able to move PAC around because it is running OK...?
image.thumb.png.555fab7819eda953b39aba86029233ae.png
image.thumb.png.c8c11d92c5190303115ff98f7180f410.png

Edited by Spanner
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Spanner said:

does anyone know how you get the start on the emulated Atari800 to work on the joystick start button

Are you saying that after the program loads, you can't get the game to begin? 

Are you using your own build of retroarch, or the built-in version? 

If you are using the built-in version, likely the atari800.cfg file you are using is not ideal for the GSP and GSP controllers.

If you used a trigger record, you could try some of the built-in cfg files otherwise, or just edit the way you have been to use one of the built in cfg files.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Spanner said:

I got the Atari800-libretro core to work in the AGSP and managed to load PAC Man, I hacked its so file and moved its atari800.cfg file to /mnt so it could find it... :) then find its bios files but none of the buttons work on the joystick so the game does not start, does anyone know how you get the start on the emulated Atari800 to work on the joystick start button, hopefully if its starts the game you be able to move PAC around because it is running OK...?
image.thumb.png.555fab7819eda953b39aba86029233ae.png
image.thumb.png.c8c11d92c5190303115ff98f7180f410.png

maybe i missed something somewhere, but is this our first example of Atari 800 emulation running on AGSP?  If so, then WOW.  Great ! !    That's what I'm really looking forward to... running Atari 800/XL on AGSP.  :) 

-Eric

I see it tries to create an .atari800.cfg file if it doesn't exist (I see that's a separate config from retroarch cfg).

Didn't matter though if I ran retroarch from sdcard, it didn't recognize the .atari800.cfg in the same directory (where it's supposed to look for it).

Trying to load the game from a cassette file, I go straight into "ATARI COMPUTER - MEMO PAD" (which it seems is the default when loading the core).

Need a keyboard to go from there to load the game from the atari menu.

I did find a rom file for it though, and even without a pre-configured .ataria800.cfg, I was able to get the game to start from command line.

I just slightly modified one of the built in 4x3 cfg files to pass to RA, but I didn't change anything related to select/start. 

The default retroarch SELECT and START buttons worked for me using a GSP controller.  The stick worked fine for movement.

I put all the bios files in the same folder with the game file instead of defining a separate system directory.

I suppose I can try defining a custom $HOME to the sdcard with usermod command...

User config file '/.atari800.cfg' not found.
Trying system wide config file: /etc/atari800.cfg
No configuration file found, will create fresh one from scratch:
Cannot write to config file: /.atari800.cfg

image.thumb.png.e541fadd25cdd09ede9dd258018a2c0a.png

test_4_3.cfg

Edited by big_guitar

>> Atari 800

Since the A800 is related somewhat to 5200 (8-bit),  I added a 800 core (liberto) , and put a zip (bios ) that contain 3 or 4 files in a 'A800' folder with 3 games....

but as expected, the system doesn't activate the (bios ?) zip file without more specific integration programming - I have no idea about that.

And if someone does add Atari 800 support...... aren't MSX games related to ColecoVision games?

A800 folder.jpg

cores.jpg

You can put the bios files in the same place as the rom and it see them and runs the games, but I just tried the test_4_3.cfg above and buttons still do not work, the Pac-Man I am using is a atr file so a disk file.
Am I adding the cfg wrong or something, I just added where its cfg is in the GSP Games Manager app, there is no built-in cfg for it so you just add it from the racfg folder, the trigger part but never made a trigger file for it because it says .atr in its name so no .md.

I have the same problem with Pole Position 2 7800 game, buttons on joystick do not work too.

Edited by Spanner

About the bios files, they need to be unzipped in the rom folder, here is my atari800_libretro.so file if anyone wants it.

atari800_libretro.so

Pictures of Pac-Man.atr being added, hope this helps... :). I did put it under the 7800 section but was thinking of putting it under 5200 because thats what 5200 is based on, the Atari400/800.

image.thumb.png.201e1a25301677a95ea54b86d851223e.png

image.thumb.png.3a116e3be0cf8a98758297a5b24b2961.png

image.thumb.png.170cd90540f30c45b97edae8e67744d1.png

Just noticed RA has a core for 5200 but you can run 5200 games in the Atari800 Emulator(Linux Version) as well as 400/800/XL/XE games too, I did try and run that in AGSP but it has a problem with SDL, it uses SDL1 so used the RA version instead in Atari Mode(Atari8bit Mode).

Looking at the cores source code its been modified so it can use 4 joysticks too, the same core source code for the Colleen Emulator is used in THE400 Mini, thats why it has 4 USB ports.

And the emulator core uses Atari800 Emulator 3.1.0.

Edited by Spanner
  • Like 1

I just used a trigger file only, and loaded from the folder for testing.  The atr file hasn't worked for me so far.

When I tried the atr file in Windows, it starts to load but displays an atari crash screen.

image.thumb.png.9a43632accd0ff5c9a2804505cad0db1.png

Edited by big_guitar

I thought I make a RA joystick input code txt file from a RA config file thats used in the AGSP GUI.
So you can see its codes easier.

RA USB Input Code in the RA Configs files in AGSP
==================================================

The buttons code could be below: l=A Button, r=B Button, x=C Button, start=Start Button, select=Select Button, maybe y=LED/Save option button at the 
back of the joystick, 
or maybe it could be the menu but acting as the exit button(menu button) so you can come out of a game running and go back to the GUI, this is just a guess.

USB Joystick 1
===============

input_player1_mouse_index = "0"
input_player1_joypad_index = "0"
input_player1_analog_dpad_mode = "0"

input_player1_l = "l"
input_player1_l_btn = "312"

input_player1_r = "r"
input_player1_r_btn = "313"

input_player1_x = "x"
input_player1_x_btn = "304"

input_player1_y = "y"
input_player1_y_btn = "307"

input_player1_select = "select"
input_player1_select_btn = "310"

input_player1_start = "start"
input_player1_start_btn = "311"

USB Stick Up/Down/Left/Right
==============================

input_player1_l_x_minus_axis = "-0"

input_player1_l_x_plus_axis = "+0"

input_player1_l_y_minus_axis = "-1"

input_player1_l_y_plus_axis = "+1"

input_player1_up = "up"
input_player1_up_axis = "-1"
input_player1_up_btn = "103"

input_player1_down = "down"
input_player1_down_axis = "+1"
input_player1_down_btn = "108"

input_player1_left = "left"
input_player1_left_axis = "-0"
input_player1_left_btn = "105"

input_player1_right = "right"
input_player1_right_axis = "+0"
input_player1_right_btn = "106"

USB Joystick 2
===============

input_player2_mouse_index = "0"
input_player2_joypad_index = "0"
input_player2_analog_dpad_mode = "0"

input_player2_l = "l"
input_player2_l_btn = "312"

input_player2_r = "r"
input_player2_r_btn = "313"

input_player2_x = "x"
input_player2_x_btn = "304"

input_player2_y = "y"
input_player2_y_btn = "307"

input_player2_select = "select"
input_player2_select_btn = "310"

input_player2_start = "start"
input_player2_start_btn = "311"

USB Stick Up/Down/Left/Right
==============================

input_player2_l_x_minus_axis = "-0"

input_player2_l_x_plus_axis = "+0"

input_player2_l_y_minus_axis = "-1"

input_player2_l_y_plus_axis = "+1"

input_player2_up = "up"
input_player2_up_axis = "-1"
input_player2_up_btn = "103"

input_player2_down = "down"
input_player2_down_axis = "+1"
input_player2_down_btn = "108"

input_player2_left = "left"
input_player2_left_axis = "-0"
input_player2left_btn = "105"

input_player2_right = "right"
input_player2_right_axis = "+0"
input_player2_right_btn = "106"

Edited by Spanner

Does anyone know if the key codes in the RA cfg file is SDL key codes...?
Looking at the SDL keycodes in the Atari800 Emulator 4.2.0 cfg file they are not the same numbers but they are the F keys on the keyboard for Start, Select, Options keys on a keyboard so F1 Menu, F3 Start, F5 Select and F7 Options, on THEC64 keyboard, the Atari800 Emulator 4.2.0 was put on thats first thats why.
But it does have joystick SDL codes too in the file too where its says: `SDL_JOY` thats works with THEC64 Joystick, `SDL_JOY_0_TRIGGER=305` and `SDL_JOY_1_TRIGGER=306` is very close to the AGSP codes.

Here is the keycodes from the Atari800 Emulator 4.2.0 atari800.cfg
===================================================================
SDL_JOY_0_ENABLED=1
SDL_JOY_0_LEFT=260
SDL_JOY_0_RIGHT=262
SDL_JOY_0_UP=264
SDL_JOY_0_DOWN=261
SDL_JOY_0_TRIGGER=305
SDL_JOY_1_ENABLED=0
SDL_JOY_1_LEFT=97
SDL_JOY_1_RIGHT=100
SDL_JOY_1_UP=119
SDL_JOY_1_DOWN=115
SDL_JOY_1_TRIGGER=306
SDL_UI_KEY=282
SDL_OPTION_KEY=284
SDL_SELECT_KEY=286
SDL_START_KEY=288
SDL_RESET_KEY=283
SDL_HELP_KEY=287
SDL_BREAK_KEY=285
SDL_MON_KEY=289
SDL_EXIT_KEY=290
SDL_SSHOT_KEY=291
SDL_TURBO_KEY=293
SDL_JOY_0_USE_HAT=0
SDL_JOY_1_USE_HAT=0
SDL_JOY_2_USE_HAT=0
SDL_JOY_3_USE_HAT=0

Edited by Spanner

On 6/10/2024 at 10:02 PM, big_guitar said:

By default, there is no INI file (games.ini) included with the GSP.  

The MyArcade application itself (/usr/bin/game)  DOES NOT RECOGNIZE the INI file (games.ini), it only recognizes games.db file.

Timeline:

• GSP sold with 1.20 firmware as I recall, then they released the 1.30 update
  • Brad took 1.30 and made 1.30c to expose games.db to the SDCARD.  He also wrote a program called "ini2gamedb" so you could use a simple text file editor to update the games.db using a text file (games.ini).
    Read page 1 of the post for instructions
  • A few people wondered why there wasn't a Windows app to edit the games.db file directly (instead of using ini2gamedb), so I decided to make one. 

Would it be possible to get the AGSP Games Manager app to look for the games in a different folder, I changed PCUAE so it reads its own copy of the sd card from a folder now so not from the SD Card, I was taking the sd card in and out to much to change its games so decided it was much easier to just take out the USB Drive instead(all you do is remove a USB Cable instead and plug it into your PC) and so I do not damage the SD Card slot, taking it in and out all the time will damage it eventually(spring loaded SD card slots do brake eventually that why the Raspberry PI does not use one), PCUAE reads the sd card from a `sd_card_backup` folder from: `G:\.options\agsp_files\sd_card_backup` and then overmounts it with `mount --bind`, over `/sdcard` and `/mnt/sdcard` all I need the app to do is treat the folder like its the sd card root its reading so it sees all its images and games properly...?
Its just the location on the PC that needs doing but not changing, just adding, not the location of the SD card on AGSP, it still see it as that on AGSP.
I have added a option to disable it too so it reads the games from the SD card too so PCUAE can do both.
I might have found a problem with the app, if you point it to a folder it does not read the images properly so it needs to treat the folder like its the root of the sd card when it don't, it only does that if you point it to the SD card root thats plugged into the PC.

Edited by Spanner

Found away round it, I made a folder called `PCUAE-AGSP-Games-Menu` on the root of the PCUAE USB Drive and made a other one in the `sdcard_backup` folder then got PCUAE to overmount the `PCUAE-AGSP-Games-Menu`` the sdcard_backup folder with the `PCUAE-AGSP-Games-Menu` on the root so the AGSP Games Manager see the games and images in the `PCUAE-AGSP-Games-Menu` folder on root like its looking at a sdcard so you can add games to that folder and the menu see them now in the menu when PCUAE boots the GUI... :)
I might as well put the games.db in the
`PCUAE-AGSP-Games-Menu` too and overmount that so then all you do to read it is to load it in the app and its connected to the games and images in the same folder, not a bad idea really... :) then its altogether... :) in one place on the drive, not in different folders, like it is at the moment, like in the data folder atm on the SD card.
Yep just done that now so everything is in one folder... :) I renamed the games.db `agsp_games_database.db`.

image.thumb.png.3651aed3bc4b0f870fd9de32fc300d78.png

Edited by Spanner

5 hours ago, Spanner said:

Would it be possible to get the AGSP Games Manager app to look for the games in a different folder

If you are referring to the MyArcade 'game' app, for the GUI presentation, the games do not have to be any specific folder. 

You can have games spread all over the sdcard for example.

They just need to be defined in the games.db database. The path of the game is essentially all there in the database games table record.

For the "folder navigation" visibility though, those have to be under /sdcard/games

Edited by big_guitar

I just noticed something, if you leave AGSP on after a while it disconnect the AGSP Joystick, If your using a different joystick plugged into it as well, I have THEGamepad plugged into it, it will not work until the AGSP joystick has reconnected so you have to move its stick or press a button on it for THEGamepad to work again, very weird.

Edited by Spanner

15 hours ago, Spanner said:

I just noticed something, if you leave AGSP on after a while it disconnect the AGSP Joystick, If your using a different joystick plugged into it as well, I have THEGamepad plugged into it, it will not work until the AGSP joystick has reconnected so you have to move its stick or press a button on it for THEGamepad to work again, very weird.

This is one way to make sure you have to keep the AGSP Joystick connected while you use another Controller or Joystick, so you can not stop using it, or change the AGSP Joystick to a different one.
When the AGSP Joystick disconnects you see it come up on the terminal(Putty).
THEGamepad does not work on the GUI Menu, only works on PAC-Man.atr in game, the AGSP Joystick don't, its using the test_4_3.cfg from above.

This is the AGSP Joystick reconnecting after its disconnected, you do not see it disconnect but it does around about the same amount of time as the screen saver kicks in maybe sooner.

If on the screen saver if you press A button it does nothing and then press A button again then the GUI Menu appears, its because it has to reconnect the AGSP Joystick first so the first press connect it and the second press deactivates the screen saver and then shows the GUI Menu so you know its disconnect the AGSP Joystick and has to reconnect it.

[ 1815.786432] usb 1-1.2.1: new full-speed USB device number 12 using dwc2
[ 1815.918302] usb 1-1.2.1: New USB device found, idVendor=20bc, idProduct=5500
[ 1815.925482] usb 1-1.2.1: New USB device strings: Mfr=0, Product=2, SerialNumber=0
[ 1815.933193] usb 1-1.2.1: Product: Twin USB Joystick
[ 1815.948453] input: Twin USB Joystick as /devices/platform/10180000.usb/usb1/1-1/1-1.2/1-1.2.1/1-1.2.1:1.0/0003:20BC:5500.0009/input/input9
[ 1816.016899] ---------lxm----add----evdev_connect,1401,dev_name(&evdev->dev)=(null),dev_no=3
[ 1816.016899]
[ 1816.026989] ---------lxm----add----evdev_connect,1408,evdev->handle.name=event3,dev_no=3
[ 1816.026989]
[ 1816.037490] betop 0003:20BC:5500.0009: input: USB HID v1.11 Gamepad [Twin USB Joystick] on usb-10180000.usb-1.2.1/input0
[ 1816.050066] betop 0003:20BC:5500.0009: Force feedback for betop devices by huangbo <huangbobupt@163.com>
[ 1816.062424] usbhid 1-1.2.1:1.1: couldn't find an input interrupt endpoint

Is this a bug... `couldn't find an input interrupt endpoint`... ?

I am guessing but is `betop` the Paddle, it has 2 devices...?

Edited by Spanner

1 hour ago, Spanner said:

This is one way to make sure you have to keep the AGSP Joystick connected while you use another Controller or Joystick, so you can not stop using it, or change the AGSP Joystick to a different one.
When the AGSP Joystick disconnects you see it come up on the terminal(Putty).
THEGamepad does not work on the GUI Menu, only works on PAC-Man.atr in game, the AGSP Joystick don't, its using the test_4_3.cfg from above.

This is the AGSP Joystick reconnecting after its disconnected, you do not see it disconnect but it does around about the same amount of time as the screen saver kicks in maybe sooner.

If on the screen saver if you press A button it does nothing and then press A button again then the GUI Menu appears, its because it has to reconnect the AGSP Joystick first so the first press connect it and the second press deactivates the screen saver and then shows the GUI Menu so you know its disconnect the AGSP Joystick and has to reconnect it.

[ 1815.786432] usb 1-1.2.1: new full-speed USB device number 12 using dwc2
[ 1815.918302] usb 1-1.2.1: New USB device found, idVendor=20bc, idProduct=5500
[ 1815.925482] usb 1-1.2.1: New USB device strings: Mfr=0, Product=2, SerialNumber=0
[ 1815.933193] usb 1-1.2.1: Product: Twin USB Joystick
[ 1815.948453] input: Twin USB Joystick as /devices/platform/10180000.usb/usb1/1-1/1-1.2/1-1.2.1/1-1.2.1:1.0/0003:20BC:5500.0009/input/input9
[ 1816.016899] ---------lxm----add----evdev_connect,1401,dev_name(&evdev->dev)=(null),dev_no=3
[ 1816.016899]
[ 1816.026989] ---------lxm----add----evdev_connect,1408,evdev->handle.name=event3,dev_no=3
[ 1816.026989]
[ 1816.037490] betop 0003:20BC:5500.0009: input: USB HID v1.11 Gamepad [Twin USB Joystick] on usb-10180000.usb-1.2.1/input0
[ 1816.050066] betop 0003:20BC:5500.0009: Force feedback for betop devices by huangbo <huangbobupt@163.com>
[ 1816.062424] usbhid 1-1.2.1:1.1: couldn't find an input interrupt endpoint

Is this a bug... `couldn't find an input interrupt endpoint`... ?

I am guessing but is `betop` the Paddle, it has 2 devices...?

I am guessing but is `betop` the paddle, it has 2 devices, it could be the joystick because its on input0, the other one is on input9...?
Found `betop on Aliexpress: https://www.aliexpress.com/i/1005001594675998.html

When using the AGSP joystick in a game you can accidently touch the 3 buttons at the back(Menu, Select and Start buttons) that kills the game... :( the Menu Button needs a double press to go back to the menu, like in Retroarch, that would then fix it or add a info screen that comes up if you press the Menu button and says `Do you want to exit the game...?` and have buttons on it `YES`, `NO` and `SAVE`, a `SAVE` button(that brings up the save screen), just in case you want to save the game before exiting out of it and going back to the GUI Menu, I do not always remember to save the game, you might want to save the game to keep its Hi Scores.

Edited by Spanner