IGNORED

Atari Jaguar Controller : What are my options?

dsullo

I recently got a Gamedrive and started playing my Jaguar.  I really did not have games for it so it has been sitting on a shelf for years.   I am noticing the controller is mostly unresponsive when I push up. All other buttons work. What are my options to either replace or fix (I am not super handy) my controller? 

I reached out to best electronics to see what they have in stock. But if there are other options please reply.  Thanks !!

If the serial number on the back of the controller is a "B" series, I sell replacement d-pad sensors that are New/Old stock.

It is pretty basic to replace. If you are not handy you still should be able to do it. If you are really not handy at all, have a friend do it.

Send me a message if you are interested. They are cheap.

10 minutes ago, Machine said:

If the serial number on the back of the controller is a "B" series, I sell replacement d-pad sensors that are New/Old stock.

It is pretty basic to replace. If you are not handy you still should be able to do it. If you are really not handy at all, have a friend do it.

Send me a message if you are interested. They are cheap.

Darn my controller starts with a G, that won’t work correct?

53 minutes ago, Gedalya said:

Just buy one of the aftermarket Pro Controllers! I believe AA has them in the store as well as Songbird. I got mine from Songbird.

They're out of stock in both the AA and Songbird stores, and I don't know if anyone else carries them. Is anyone aware of a new batch of them being made?

5 hours ago, Sauron said:

They're out of stock in both the AA and Songbird stores, and I don't know if anyone else carries them. Is anyone aware of a new batch of them being made?

I grabbed the last one on songbird. Set me back 99.99 but seeing it was the last one I had no choice.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Zerosquare said:

Before thinking about buying a new controller, I'd start with cleaning the D-pad membrane and PCB contacts using alcohol.

I am working on getting the original Jaguar controller repaired. It would be good to have 2 working controllers.  

• Like 1

The ProController stock is almost entirely gone. I have about 10 more units that I am hoping are fully functional. Just need to find time to test them, then they will go on the Songbird site. After that, I have a bone pile of ~50 ProControllers which need more testing and/or repair. Not sure when I will find time to mess with those.

There is no more stock of the repro ProControllers after this.

1 hour ago, Songbird said:

The ProController stock is almost entirely gone. I have about 10 more units that I am hoping are fully functional. Just need to find time to test them, then they will go on the Songbird site. After that, I have a bone pile of ~50 ProControllers which need more testing and/or repair. Not sure when I will find time to mess with those.

There is no more stock of the repro ProControllers after this.

How much are you listing them at?

On 2/13/2024 at 11:58 PM, dsullo said:

I recently got a Gamedrive and started playing my Jaguar.  I really did not have games for it so it has been sitting on a shelf for years.   I am noticing the controller is mostly unresponsive when I push up. All other buttons work. What are my options to either replace or fix (I am not super handy) my controller? 

I reached out to best electronics to see what they have in stock. But if there are other options please reply.  Thanks !!

If you have troubles with your D-pad, you can always 'upgrade' it with this:

I think they are even better than the original Jaguar stock D-pads.

But I don't know if that will fix your problem 🤔

• Thanks 1