IGNORED

Relics of the Mad King / Monkey Jump / Demon Fire: THREE Videopac/Odyssey2 new games available!

RayXambeR

After Frozen Fort, Côté Gamers is publishing no less than 3 games. Demon Fire, which you've already heard of and which has been delayed, and now two new releases: Relics of the Mad King and Monkey Jump. All three are designed by Rafael Cardoso.

No worries for those who pre-ordered Demon Fire a few months ago: if you'd also like to buy Relics and Monkey, all you have to do is order them, and the three games will be delivered simultaneously at the end of March.

Note that these editions further enhance the quality of Côté Gamers' regular editions. Hence the premium suffix associated with them. Even more rigid, the difference also lies in the visuals, and the content is as rich and varied as ever: makingof booklet, poster, encyclopedic cards and many other surprises to discover!

These editions benefit from an original 3D cartridge design, so as not to "cannibalize" vintage games. These cartridges are personalized with the name of the program, and can even be decorated by yourself! The PCB is still made by Marc verres, whom we'd like to thank warmly, as well as Rafael Cardoso, the developer who puts his trust in us, and all the people involved in these various projects, whether visual or beta-testing, for example.

We have great ambitions for the Videopac scene, and we hope you enjoy these games. In the future, starting in the next few months, you can look forward to several new games in the pipeline, a really complete book about the Videopac systems, and much more!

Here's the link to the 3 games. Without urging you to buy, please note that we've decided to release three games at the same time, so you can save on shipping costs, which these days is far from negligible! We're now thinking of doing this by trying to group several editions together. That's more money in one go for you, but still saves you money in total.

Thank you in advance for your support, and please don't hesitate to ask any questions you may have, even if I think everything is well described on the site!

For those of you who don't know Côté Gamers, please note that, in addition to Videopac, this publisher also publishes on many other platforms, and you may not be a fan of Videopac alone, so don't hesitate to have a look at their creations for ColecoVision, Intellivision, Neo-Geo CD, MSX, Vectrex and many others. You'll also find a wide range of books, some published in English. You can have fun, read and learn about your passion - that's what Côté Gamers is all about!

Direct Link for ordering:

VIDEOPAC GAMES from Côté Gamers

demon-fire-premium-edition-preorder.jpg relics-of-the-mad-king-premium-edition-p monkey-jump-premium-edition-preorder.jpg

Relics%20of%20the%20mad%20king%20Videopa  

Monkey%20Jump%20videopac%20odyssey%202%2

• Like 2

I recommend Tom Beck's youtube page, where he makes great gameplay videos for Videopac. He had pre-releases in his hands for Monkey Jump, Demon Fire, Relics and more!

Concerning HERO version, it has been released by videopacbelgium if I'm not mistaken.

Edited by RayXambeR
  • Like 2

Yes, these games run on NTSC O2 systems of course! The games also exploit the functionalities of the Videopac + systems, but all run on a standard Odyssey2 as well.

Of course Côté Gamers ships to the 4 corners of the world! I don't know about shipping costs, you'll have to check directly on the site.

4 hours ago, RayXambeR said:

Yes, these games run on NTSC O2 systems of course! The games also exploit the functionalities of the Videopac + systems, but all run on a standard Odyssey2 as well.

Of course Côté Gamers ships to the 4 corners of the world! I don't know about shipping costs, you'll have to check directly on the site.

That's what I thought.

Videopac+ systems are nice and all, but the vast majority of the people in North America do not have access to a PAL Videopac + system.

I understand where these games are made that the Videopac+ is common but for people in the states it is next to impossible to have a Videopac + system. That's because it would need to be imported (which is expensive because of the size), two because Videopac + is PAL (which means one would need to find a TV that can take a PAL signal) and three, an AC line power transformer would be needed to power the console because here in the States our power grid it 60 Hz (not 50Hz).

I get it you are not just trying to sell in the States, but if you want people in the States to buy these games they really need to be shown working on a NTSC O2 system.

• Confused 1