IGNORED

how can I play these...

Thelen

Anybody seen this webpage ? http://membres.lycos.fr/pmandin/en/ports.html

very cool ports of doom, heretic, hexen and quake !

But now the big question : are those playable on my mega atari STE ? if not, what do i need then ? I've downloaded a zip packet, and there's a ttp file in it....that's an executable for my ste....but after loading a while, it jumps back to tos.... I have no idea how I can get this game working with the WAD files etc.. and when starting the ttp file I get the message : parameters ?

Thanks,

Thelen

Finally, I have an atari falcon 030 ! This is such a spectaculair machine !!

now i have some questions...

- how can I get multitos on my falcon, now i have just a standard tos, and when i open an application you can't do anything else. there is a folder on the c drive with the name multitos, but there are 6 applications in, a clock.app and lines.app, these work. the other ones give a error like miniwin.app :requires multiTOS...

-can I go out and buy a scsi cdrom drive and connect it to the external scsi port, will that work ?

-what is the maximum size for an internal IDE 2.5'' HD ?

-I still need some help with doom/heretic/quake...i just can't get them to work....

Heretic and doom say:

W_Init: Init WAD files.

Error :W_initfiles : no files found

and it quits...I have some WAD files in the directory.

how can i get this to work ?

Thanks, Thelen

Finally, I have an atari falcon 030 ! This is such a spectaculair machine !!

Congratullations! You will have lot of fun with it

- how can I get multitos on my falcon, now i have just a standard tos, and when i open an application you can't do anything else. there is a folder on the c drive with the name multitos, but there are 6 applications in, a clock.app and lines.app, these work. the other ones give a error like miniwin.app :requires multiTOS...

MultiTOS is obsolete. Go for MiNT+N.AES or XaAES

-can I go out and buy a scsi cdrom drive and connect it to the external scsi port, will that work ?  

Yes, but if you have a chance test it before buying - not every CDROM works perfectly - I have SCSI NEC 24x

-what is the maximum size for an internal IDE 2.5'' HD ?  

It is matter of size of cluster - you must split larger disk to partitions.

An old version of multitos (mint) was on the falcon language disk. If you should want that, just drop me a mail, but know that I have a german version.

On the size of a 2.5 hard disk I just can tell you it mustn't be bigger than 2.5 inches. :P

Well, with MagiC and HdDriver you can theoretically use anything up to some terabytes 8)