IGNORED

Best Intellivision game?

King Atari

I'm having trouble deciding which INTV game is the best, there were a lot of good ones on that system. Baseball, great for it's day, and speech in a 1978 cart, awesome! Star Strike, like Star Wars, but not. Burgertime needs no explanation. Bowling is great, Basketball and Football are great sports titles, and there's a load of others I can't even think of right now.

I myself have narrowed it down to these two, if they're not the best, they're at least my favorites (though Slam Dunk Super Pro Basketball is also a definite favorite and my rarest and most prized INTV cart, there's nothing to really make it stand out against other sports games on the system):

Burgertime: Great in every way. The only boxed INTV game to reside with my boxed 2600, 7800, and NES games, and that's saying something (my sealed 2600 NTSC Xenophobe has it's own special place, but I digress).

Thin Ice: It's a shame this is so rare, because it's addictive as hell. Basically the same as the coin-op Disco #1, but not as tacky (c'mon, disco?).

So, those are just my choices, I'm sure everyone has their own ideas of the best Intellivision game.

Here's my Top 10 Intellivision games:

10. (tie) Body Slam: Super Pro Wrestling and AD&D Cloudy Mountain

9. Swords and Serpents

8. Slam Dunk (Super Pro Basketball)

7. Shark! Shark!

6. Utopia

5. Thunder Castle

4. Burgertime

3. Space Battle (am I the only one who really likes this game?)

2. Major League Baseball

1. Beamrider

Burgertime - best home port, even better gameplay than the NES version imho

Beauty and the Beast - DK clone thats way better than the original

B-17 Bomber - rather complex flight sim for early consoles

Bump N Jump - My favorite game as a kid, great music and action

Astrosmash - Nice original shooter (I know Astroblast for the VCS was better, but it did come later)

AD&D Cloudy Mountain Cartridge ™ - Short game, but the random mazes and the surprise factor were pretty cool, play this game in hard mode for a good time :)

Snafu - 8 direction surround, but the groovy music once again shines :)

Atlantis - additions from the VCS version make this an entirely new game.

Happy Trails - a preemptive ripoff of Loco-Motion, this game was smoother than the Mattel arcade port, and had more game options

Major League Baseball - why not, the game that was the first shot fired in the first ever console war.

AD&D Cloudy Mountain Cartridge ™  

Is that just a renamed version of regular Advanced Dungeons & Dragons Cartridge?

Major League Baseball - why not, the game that was the first shot fired in the first ever console war.

I just can't get over how cool voice synthesis is in such an early game.

I have almost 70 Intellivision games, and I don't think I could choose just one game as a favorite. There's just too many good games. Diner, Hover Force, Tower of Doom, Thunder Castle, Tron Deadly Discs, Utopia, Mind Strike, Stadium Mud Buggies. . . . Just too many good playable games! Just assume that anything done by INTV is more fun than those by Mattel. The INTV guys did a great job without all those ignorant Mattel marketing morons screwing things up. :D

Is that just a renamed version of regular Advanced Dungeons & Dragons Cartridge?

Yep. They had to change the name when they released the second Advanced Dungeons & Dragons Cartridge Treasure of Tarmin Cartridge(TM*)

*Advanced Dungeons & Dragons and Treasure of Tarmin are trademarks owned by and used under license from TSR Hobbies, Inc.

I'm new to Intellivision...so I've been reading all the Inty threads lately! I just got mine (Inty II) couple 'o weeks ago. I don't think boxing should be listed as one of the all time greats, but man, I've been playing it alot. I hate the "2 player only" sports game thing thou.

I've got AD&D and TRON Discs coming in the mail soon ...can't wait!!

Yep. They had to change the name when they released the second Advanced Dungeons & Dragons Cartridge Treasure of Tarmin Cartridge(TM*)

Ah, I guess that makes sense, at least I got the original version. I have no idea what to do, and I'm far from a D&D fan, but it is a neat game to have.

I find myself going back and playing a lot of:

Dreadnaught Factor: Crank up the difficulty and go after a couple waves of random ships. It's pretty tense and it keeps you on the edge of your seat. Go for those engines on your first runs!

Beamrider: It gets ragged on for the Inty controls, but this is my favorite version of the game on just about any system (C64 being the best IMO).

Burger Time: Of course.

A lot of the later titles really were good and engaging. I think the INTV programmers were really starting to get things figured out.

Microsurgeon
Never played the INTV version, but the TI computer version was great.

Though I could never reach the keyboard fast enough to hit the viruses with asprin.

I used to spend hours on that game, now when I try to play it.... my patient always dies... :sad: I am a bad doctor.