IGNORED

Game suggestions

Let's hear them!

Our original idea was to rotate between official games and free homebrews, with occasional paid for homebrews, but the most important thing is we play games we enjoy, so open to suggestions please!

I'll create a poll for the next game, and try and get in front with the game list so that people that want a physical version have time to get one

• 2 weeks later...

Playing Mine Storm was a challenging and I'm nosey how Galaxy Wars SL plays.

Some Vectrex games that come to my mind and that I'd like to play:

Rocks 'n' Saucers (free binary available)

Sea Pub (free binary available)

Vyrzon

Vector Pilot

Vectrexians

Count Vecula

Vectrexagon

Hera Primera (once it is widely available)

Protector

Vectorblade

Most of them are commercial homebrew games but I guess many of the players here possess these games.

Edited by hcmffm

1 hour ago, Carey85 said:

I suggest Vectrexagon mainly because I dominate at it :-).

Thanks for your suggestion, Carey85. Vectrexagon will definitely be played one day in the Vectrex HSC, then you can show your skills. ;-)

It's a tough thing to pick, as we don't want ro race through the best official games too quickly, nor force people into buying homebrews.

I do love Scramble, I'm intrigued how many loops can be completed before it gets inhumany fast. I've a feeling @playvectrex will show us how many that is :)

If it’s possible maybe you can come up with a game list for the whole season. That would give people a chance to acquire a game they don’t have. For example I don’t have this months game and didn’t have enough time to try and get it

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Madwindoman said:

If it’s possible maybe you can come up with a game list for the whole season. That would give people a chance to acquire a game they don’t have. For example I don’t have this months game and didn’t have enough time to try and get it

Absolutely, this could have been better planned by us and will be in the future, especially for newer games.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

As promised, some sort of schedule that we can talk about :)

I've picked out some of the homebrews suggested here for the end of the year, as there is least myself that will need to order those and I hear the lead times can be long.

I've also suggested Berzerk, although it comes with complications of which versions we should play

Edited by TheCurlyBard
  • Like 1

One thing to be aware of is that Packrat is on hiatus with no word of when he will return. Space Frenzy and Vectrexagon are both available for download so that shouldn't be a problem.

I'd like to nominate KnightEx by phob0z. It's a fun Joust clone that does a lot right.

7 hours ago, jgkspsx said:

One thing to be aware of is that Packrat is on hiatus with no word of when he will return. Space Frenzy and Vectrexagon are both available for download so that shouldn't be a problem.

I'd like to nominate KnightEx by phob0z. It's a fun Joust clone that does a lot right.

Oh.. Well that's good to know, I hope Packrat does come back, they have loads of games I would like!

Loving all the homebrew suggestions, as a new owner it's hard to know where to start and most of the toutube round ups concentrate on the official games

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey guys, sorry for the relative absence, been a bit busy and also had issues with not being able to look at the flickering crt for very long with my old eyes. Anyway, I've filled in the last slots in the schedule with some common games as we've got quite a few homebrews and things coming up. @hcmffm kindly checked for us and there is a good supply of Vector Pilot carts available. I think everything else is freely available, but please consider buying a cart if they are available

• Like 1