IGNORED

Will the store ever sell games digitally (Adventure II specifically)?

Ages ago I followed the author of Adventure II as he developed the game and posted updates to his site. I always thought one day I'd buy a copy along with a working Atari 5200. At the time I bought a lot of homebrew, especially for the Sega Dreamcast, and Adventure II was at the top of what I was looking forward to.

Unfortunately at some point reality hit me: I was never going to be happy owning an actual Atari 5200. I simply hit a point in my life where I just didn't want to store something that big, and I haven't bought a gaming system after the PS3 for this reason save for the Switch... but I digress.

When I saw the new Atari console could actually play cartridges from the 7200 as well, for a moment hope welled up that maybe it could play 7200 ones... but no dice. Then the Atari 400 Mini got announced and it supports old games, but alas, not on cartridges.

Which inspired me to finally make a post here and ask if the author of Adventure II would ever consider just selling the ROM.

Yes, once I get the AtariAge Store moved over to a new platform, digital sales of games will be available.  This depends on individual authors, of course, but I expect most authors will allow digital sales of their games.  I am actively working on moving the store, it's going to take a few months before the store is moved to the new ecommerce platform. 

..Al

• Like 4

@Albert Digital games for sale would be very nice. I'm also interested in some PAL Homebrew Carts but two aspects make me feel unsure:

1. I've read in this store discussion that some buyers haven't seen their carts for months, one comment was speaking about half a year.

2. Your information concerning the work in progress of the platform.

3. I saw your offer on ebay and wrote an ebay message with a simple question. Never got an answer. But the offer on ebay disappeared a few days later. Very strange.

Is it a bad idea to order some carts these days (esp. for customers in Europe)? If no, what would you estimate as delivery time? I'm not in a hurry but I wouldn't order if the delivery time is more than two months or if I feel to become more like a burden with my order. I think there would be so much more potential for homebrew customers and sales in Europe if the ordering/delivery process was more transparent. Perhaps the "new ecommerce platform" is the answer to all of this. But I'm not sure.

Thanks in advance for your feedback.