IGNORED

Anyone used the Atari 2600+ controllers on other platforms?

Sinton

I own the Atari 50: The Anniversary Collection on Steam and Switch, and would love to play the games with more authentic controllers. Did anyone try using the CX30+ or CX40+ on other platforms?

If you did and it worked, which adapter did you use?

I haven’t tried it but I found this for you:

“Making a 43-year-old video game controller work with the Switch was relatively easy using two different adapters: the $30 Genesis/SMS/Atari controller adapter from Raphnet that allows the Atari CX10 to connect to the Nintendo Gamecube and Wii, and 8BitDo’s $20 GBros. Wireless Adapter that allows Wii and Gamecube controllers to wirelessly connect to the Nintendo Switch. The connectivity is relatively painless, except for the fact that anyone wanting to try this setup at home will have to get used to constantly remapping the Atari joystick’s single button to replicate the action button needed for the game they’re playing.”

https://gizmodo.com/playing-the-nintendo-switch-with-an-original-1977-atari-1845644072

• 2 months later...

I used it with an Arduino Leonardo, then with a Sparkfun ProMicro (official knock-off of Arduino's ProMicro) and it works great, flashing the firmware with M. Heironimus' excellent Arduino Joystick Library. It works great on windows (right out of the box) and with TheC64Mini and TheA500Mini after some prep work involving Spannernick's excellent PCUAE usb bootloaders. So, in a nutshell, yes, the CX40+ is the real thing, no bull.

On 2/17/2024 at 8:04 AM, Glorkbot said:

I haven’t tried it but I found this for you:

“Making a 43-year-old video game controller work with the Switch was relatively easy using two different adapters: the $30 Genesis/SMS/Atari controller adapter from Raphnet that allows the Atari CX10 to connect to the Nintendo Gamecube and Wii, and 8BitDo’s $20 GBros. Wireless Adapter that allows Wii and Gamecube controllers to wirelessly connect to the Nintendo Switch. The connectivity is relatively painless, except for the fact that anyone wanting to try this setup at home will have to get used to constantly remapping the Atari joystick’s single button to replicate the action button needed for the game they’re playing.”

https://gizmodo.com/playing-the-nintendo-switch-with-an-original-1977-atari-1845644072

Nice, I'm going to have to try some of those. Never even considered Atari even trying to work on a modern console, and here I was going to say "original 2600 hardware" lol 😛