IGNORED

Where is Keatah?

ClausB

I'm guessing he was going through his midlife crisis and started cheating on his wife. Then she found out, got a good lawyer, and took him for everything he had -- except his quadraphonic sound system. Now he's rebuilding his life from skid row and has no access to computers and forums, or has no time due to the desperation of his situation.

Either that, or he tripped over one of his kid's oversized play toys, hit his head on one of his quadraphonic speaker cabs, and ended up with amnesia. He now thinks his favorite computer has always been the C64 and will only show up here in order to lord "the most popular home computer of the 80's" over us; but he just hasn't reached that point in his confused journey yet.

--------------------------------------------

Seriously, though... hopefully there's nothing wrong and he's just taking a break or busy with some life issues that are taking precedence at the moment.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, spacecadet said:

People drop off and come back periodically. Nobody asked when I was gone for like 3 years :)

You need to have over 25K forum posts before people start asking after you that quickly. With the amount of posts you have, you'd probably need to be gone more than 6 years before anybody would take any serious note of your absence. For a (non-refundable) fee of $50, I'll start asking after you if you're gone for more than 3 days. :D [Note: The fee will be reinstated after 3 complete "MIA" episodes.]

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

I wish someone knew him personally.

I sent him a PM a while back and got no reply.  And he'd always replied in the past.  My guess is that he's no longer with us :(

Or that something happened;  Like he had a stroke and went to a nursing home or something.  I'd really love to be wrong. 

If anyone knows him or his real name even (to do a search)...Or maybe if someone did any marketplace trades with him we could at least do a search and see if any obituaries come up.

Again,  I really hope I'm wrong...

• Sad 1

Maybe we all need 'real world' swimming buddies like when you go swimming and are suppose to not swim alone. We need at least one other 'regular' Atariage member that can call/email/visit us to find out if we haven't had a stroke and are lumped over our Atari 800s and slowing turning back into soil. (sorry for the morbid visual).

• Like 5

22 hours ago, Allan said:

We need at least one other 'regular' Atariage member that can call/email/visit us to find out if we haven't had a stroke and are lumped over our Atari 800s and slowing turning back into soil. (sorry for the morbid visual).

Some of us especially value our personal privacy, so hard pass on this idea. 

Personally, I fully expect to be found when my neighbours eventually complain about the smell.  

Back on topic, my impression is that Keatah is only about in his mid-to-late-50s, so probably a bit young to have suffered a major health crisis. 

Edited by jhd

On 2/19/2024 at 5:05 AM, GoldLeader said:

I wish someone knew him personally.

I sent him a PM a while back and got no reply.  And he'd always replied in the past.  My guess is that he's no longer with us :(

Or that something happened;  Like he had a stroke and went to a nursing home or something.  I'd really love to be wrong. 

If anyone knows him or his real name even (to do a search)...Or maybe if someone did any marketplace trades with him we could at least do a search and see if any obituaries come up.

Again,  I really hope I'm wrong...

Keatah's last visit was a month after his last post,  so that may indicate he dropped out on purpose?   Regular posted who posted nearly every day, decides it's taking up too much time,  stops posting and only logs in a few more times to check replies or PMs?   Hopefully that's the case and not something horrible happened.

• Like 1

Hello guys

User 1050 hasn't written anything in a while now either, IIRC due to a hardware problem.  But I just checked, last time he checked in here was 8 hours ago.

Sincerely

Mathy

PS sorry 1050, I still have to respond to your last mail.

Edited by Mathy