IGNORED

Anyone online selling Atari ST external floppy drive female connectors?

I need to replace the external floppy connector on my ST.  Wondering if anyone here knows of a place selling them.

Looking for the one that's in the machine, soldered to the MB.

Been looking around.  Can't find'em.  Actually, I don't even know what they're called... which makes it even harder to search for them.

Thanks.

Edited by COREi64

Not likely to find one, easy enough to make one though with some 34 way ribbon cable and some 34 way IDC sockets.

Sounds like you need to remove the connector on the motherboard. If that's the case, the best option would be

to fit a "male" 34 way Way IDC Boxed Header Box Connector Straight pin to the motherboard,

then make a Female/Female cable using 34 way IDC Socket Plug Ribbon Cable Connector to connect to the floppy.

If you can find an old PC floppy cable, that would do "BUT NOT THE ONE WITH A TWIST IN IT" 

Thanks.  I will have to remove the connector from the motherboard.  Ideally I'd love to be able to put a replacement connector into the machine so I don't have to mess around with the cables to my other drives.

I figured it might be tough to find an actual replacement connector, but figured it's worth a try.

Appreciate the suggestion.  If all avenues become exhausted that may be my only option.