IGNORED

Experimental 2600+ Firmware and Dumper

raz0red

5 hours ago, Striker667xbl said:

Alien Abduction doesn't unload.

Playing Audacity Games Alien Abduction, I noticed the game doesn't unload when you pull the cartridge out of the slot. You're forced to shut the 2600+ off then back on to load any new games. Maybe I need to update to latest ant try it out there too.

I know this isn't system breaking, but it is unusual behavior. 

1.1-r3

Confirming that this happens on mine also.  Pull the cartridge out and the game keeps running.  I am running 1.1x-r5 and dumper x.02.

• Like 1

Playing Audacity Games Alien Abduction, I noticed the game doesn't unload when you pull the cartridge out of the slot. You're forced to shut the 2600+ off then back on to load any new games. Maybe I need to update to latest ant try it out there too.

1.1-r3

There was a conversation some time back about folks pulling out cartridges while the 2600+ is live, but this is still mind-breaking for me. I treat it like a classic 2600, where we were told never to do such things.

Just now, NicodemusLegend said:

There was a conversation some time back about folks pulling out cartridges while the 2600+ is live, but this is still mind-breaking for me. I treat it like a classic 2600, where we were told never to do such things.

I figure it's a little less wear on the switch and skips the boot-up. But I know what you mean. It feels so wrong haha.

22 minutes ago, JetmanUK said:

The one I've ordered is the silver label one, so let's see. 

There seems to be at least four PAL label variants, three of which are silver.  Mine has 'Printed in Hong Kong' at the bottom (and works fine), there's a silver label with no bottom text at all, and one with 'use with Joystick Controllers'.  

cc.jpg

cc2.jpg

1.1-r3

Just to confirm, if you put in another game, it doesn’t recognize it? 

Thanks,

Chris.

Edited by raz0red

32 minutes ago, yamazaki said:

There seems to be at least four PAL label variants, three of which are silver.  Mine has 'Printed in Hong Kong' at the bottom (and works fine), there's a silver label with no bottom text at all, and one with 'use with Joystick Controllers'.  

cc.jpg

cc2.jpg

Interesting. 

I've just looked at my eBay purchase history, and assuming they are both photos of the two actual carts, which I believe they are, I had and have the silver variant without any text. Hopefully the missing one will turn up one day, I'm looking forward to testing it's replacement soon.  

• Like 1

Just now, Dionoid said:

Yes, mine is a silver label, "Printed in Hong Kong", and has the black screen issue. 

image.thumb.jpeg.eaed8d813734c75b358efe7e4c58a66a.jpeg

Black screen is due to an overdump. Will put together a potential fix and send it to you for testing later this week. Thanks to everyone for reporting the issue. 

Thanks,

Chris.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

It is kinda funny how John Van Ryzin came here to complain about all the 2600+ enthusiasts only wanting to play “old games”, and bitched about Atari not giving him the deal he wanted to release his game, so when it finally released from Audacity and it doesn’t work with the console correctly and forces users to reboot. 

3 hours ago, John Stamos Mullet said:

It is kinda funny how John Van Ryzin came here to complain about all the 2600+ enthusiasts only wanting to play “old games”, and bitched about Atari not giving him the deal he wanted to release his game, so when it finally released from Audacity and it doesn’t work with the console correctly and forces users to reboot. 

Don't know about any of that... but I do know the game is very addictive and has a pretty cool online leader board system. The way it's displayed on the website could use a redesign though. Also looked like you could earn patches, if I read the instructions correctly.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, John Stamos Mullet said:

I'm sure no one but you thinks that's funny. After you trolled and insulted JVR multiple times (calling him drunk?), he turned away from AtariAge. And he had valid criticism on Atari IMO.

We had a chance to interact with the original Atari 2600 H.E.R.O. game designer, but we've ended up with you trolling people on this forum.

Rather sad than funny.

• Like 5

19 hours ago, NicodemusLegend said:

Yes, I used to do the same. Now that I've boxed up my original VCS I hot swap carts on the 2600+ all the time. It's perfectly safe.