IGNORED

Experimental 2600+ Firmware and Dumper

raz0red

32 minutes ago, Fred_M said:

I don't use the B/W switch often, but I have never experienced your problem. Have you ever opened the 2600+? This problem can be caused by a lot of things, for example the switch itself, the ribbon cable that connects the PCB of the switches to the I/O board, something that is shorting contacts inside and so on.... If you have never opened the 2600+, then I would claim warrantty from the seller of manufacturer.

Also check your power cable, does the Atari logo (led light) turns off too when the console resets?

I have never opened the console and the light is on when this problem happens.

35 minutes ago, raz0red said:

A lot of times, if the cartridge does not have a solid connection, flipping the switches can cause enough vibration for the cart to be undetected temporarily.

I believe raz0red is right this happened to me only when playing STARMASTER the B/W switch is used for the Galactic map. I think the Activison cart may not be making a good enough connection. I cleaned the cart, tried again didn’t seem to happen again.

22 minutes ago, Dionoid said:

Good point @John Stamos Mullet. I had the exact same problem when I installed the upgraded cart slot board.

@AtariYMás009 You need to attach the ribbon of the levers boards like this (see picture). Note that this requires the ribbon cable to be twisted when mounting the lever boards on to the IO board. According to Ben there are different versions of IO boards, so maybe for other boards you don't need to twist the ribbons.

image.thumb.jpeg.f30ce1398acc3a01a3223cb45a7fb77c.jpeg

I did the same. They're reversed on the new board.

AtariYMás009 - You may just want to re-flash the latest firmware.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, AtariYMás009 said:

I wanted to report a problem that has been happening to me quite often lately, and that is that when I use the B/W switch the console restarts, resets itself, as if I turned it off and back on.
Has anyone else had this problem?
Is this related to the B/W switch being next to the power switch and my unit being defective?

Is it a certain game that requires the use of the B/W switch? Try putting in a different game and flipping the switch a few times and see if it happens.

8 minutes ago, Dionoid said:

Hi @raz0red, I found that the PAL versions of the Sega games "Star Trek" and "Buck Rogers" are detected as being NTSC.

I think this is because both games have a FPS of around 55Hz, which makes Stella think it is NTSC.

Both are correctly dumped as F8.

Can you please capture the hash info?

Thanks,

Chris.

Edited by raz0red

Is it possible that we might have the title of this thread changed? I think people continue to be thrown by the word "Experimental," which, while technically the truth, is putting people in mind of dangerous situations with knock-off software, as opposed to the fully-supported (if open-sourced) situation we have here.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NicodemusLegend said:

Is it possible that we might have the title of this thread changed? I think people continue to be thrown by the word "Experimental," which, while technically the truth, is putting people in mind of dangerous situations with knock-off software, as opposed to the fully-supported (if open-sourced) situation we have here.

I understand your concern. If Atari releases the new 2600+ firmware in November as planned (or so I read), I imagine there will then be some change to this title thread, if not sooner.

On 9/10/2024 at 2:48 PM, MrChickenz said:

I believe raz0red is right this happened to me only when playing STARMASTER the B/W switch is used for the Galactic map. I think the Activison cart may not be making a good enough connection. I cleaned the cart, tried again didn’t seem to happen again.

It's definitely happened to me. Activision carts are problematic with the old slot, for sure. 

• Like 2