IGNORED

Experimental 2600+ Firmware and Dumper

raz0red

On 6/4/2024 at 8:35 PM, chad5200 said:

With 1.1x-r3, when turning on the 2600+ with a cartridge inserted, you see a quick flash of the yellow "No Game Detected" before it says "Loading..."

Just figured I'd point that out since I don't think it was mentioned yet.

Just wanted to point out that this still happens with 1.1x-r6.

I totally get that this is a minor issue, but I think it's well worth fixing as seeing that "No Game Detected" flash by when there is a game inserted at power on just looks cheap and I am guessing it would be a relatively simple code fix.

18 minutes ago, chad5200 said:

I totally get that this is a minor issue, but I think it's well worth fixing as seeing that "No Game Detected" flash by when there is a game inserted at power on just looks cheap and I am guessing it would be a relatively simple code fix.

Interesting thought. Could be 'Loading Game'

27 minutes ago, chad5200 said:

Maybe just clean your cart bro. Isopropyl alchohol on a cotton bud/q-tip. If that doesn't work, buy another loose inexpensive cart..

36 minutes ago, shane857 said:

Maybe just clean your cart bro. Isopropyl alchohol on a cotton bud/q-tip. If that doesn't work, buy another loose inexpensive cart..

It happens to all of mine, too, even when cleaned.  A lot of times I don't pay attention because I'm pulling out a manual to see variations and such.

42 minutes ago, shane857 said:

Has nothing to do with how clean the cart is.  Put in a game in your 2600+ and power it on... you will see a quick flash of "No Game Detected" (in yellow) just before it says "Loading Game..." (in white).

Edited by chad5200

16 hours ago, chad5200 said:

Has nothing to do with how clean the cart is.  Put in a game in your 2600+ and power it on... you will see a quick flash of "No Game Detected" (in yellow) just before it says "Loading Game..." (in white).

That’s not a bug. The default display state is “No Game Detected”, until it detects a cart. This is by design. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, shane857 said:

Does it really matter? The most important thing is, does the game boot and play as perfect as possible compared to the actual VCS/2600?

That's why I said "I totally get that this is a minor issue".

Still, worth fixing.  Why not make the 2600+ be the best it can be from Boot Up to Game Play?