IGNORED

Experimental 2600+ Firmware and Dumper

raz0red

On 10/3/2024 at 12:17 AM, chad5200 said:

Has nothing to do with how clean the cart is.  Put in a game in your 2600+ and power it on... you will see a quick flash of "No Game Detected" (in yellow) just before it says "Loading Game..." (in white)

Maybe some logic could be added so right after startup, while game detection is running, the “No Game Detected” message is hidden until the detection code has finished (either successfully or non-successfully)?

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, AtariYMás009 said:

Was there any problem discovered then?

I don't mean to sound impertinent but I'm really looking forward to trying this version.

Iam also waiting for it i hope he will release it very soon :)

Edited by davy

47 minutes ago, shane857 said:

I'm guessing the new firmware for the 2600+ wont support the Keypad.

Looking forward to trying the new settings though,50/60hz and the Bilinear filter on 7800 games.

I'm looking foward to the 50/60Hz too, But what I'm most interested in is checking if the phosphor effect eliminates the disappearance of sprites on televisions where 50Hz causes problems.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, tripled79 said:

Star Raiders?

Nope.

Stella supports the KeyPads/Touchpad for ages. But as of now we didn't get the necessary support from the Libretro crowd to add these controllers for RetroArch (and we tried!). As long as this doesn't happen, there is little chance for the 2600+.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Thomas Jentzsch said:

Nope.

Stella supports the KeyPads/Touchpad for ages. But as of now we didn't get the necessary support from the Libretro crowd to add these controllers for RetroArch (and we tried!). As long as this doesn't happen, there is little chance for the 2600+.

I share the feeling, but how do you explain the video Ben posted a while ago showing the new 7800+ with working Video Touchpad?  You can see it working with Brain Games.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Fred_M said:

I share the feeling, but how do you explain the video Ben posted a while ago showing the new 7800+ with working Video Touchpad?  You can see it working with Brain Games.

Maybe they finally found (or pay) someone, who is working on it. It is not impossible, just a matter of time you want to invest.

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Fred_M said:

Somewhere previously, Ben had stated that they updated the controller input hardware/firmware for the 7800+.  It's currently unknown whether that update can be also applied to the 2600+.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Thomas Jentzsch said:

Maybe they finally found (or pay) someone, who is working on it. It is not impossible, just a matter of time you want to invest.

I got the impression (impression, so I can be wrong!) that the chips used on the I/O board of the 2600+ caused problems. Ben stated in one of the other topics that the I/O board of the 7800+ uses different chips.

Edit: @splendidnut you beat me to it. Yes, I remember that too 😉

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, splendidnut said:

Somewhere previously, Ben had stated that they updated the controller input hardware/firmware for the 7800+.  It's currently unknown whether that update can be also applied to the 2600+.

That only solves the hardware problem. Someone has to solve the software problem too. 

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Fred_M said:

Completely off-topic, but I really like the way the 7800+ looks without the aluminum faceplate. Reminds me of the Sears Tele-Games Video Arcade II. Some nice opportunities there for customization... :ponder: 

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Nathan Strum said:

Completely off-topic, but I really like the way the 7800+ looks without the aluminum faceplate. Reminds me of the Sears Tele-Games Video Arcade II. Some nice opportunities there for customization... :ponder: 

I am sure that you can rip the faceplate off if you really want to 😉