IGNORED

What is the best controller/joystick to use with 7800 2 button games on the 2600+?

shane857

1 hour ago, Kelevance said:

I have a gamepad from RetroGameBoyz (https://retrogameboyz.com/), and recently ordered a joystick from them, too.

I ordered a pad from RetroGameBoyz a couple of weeks ago.  Tracking says it should arrive within the next couple of days.  I'll post some comments after I have a chance to try it out.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, shane857 said:

I've just ordered an original from ebay, missing the thumbstick thou. Can't wait till May.

I won’t have any two-button 7800 games until May so I’m interested to see how that works - two buttons on an Atari console is new territory for me!

It's not a game that uses 2 buttons but it does use 2 sticks instead.  That game being Robotron.  This is the only 7800 game I own for now.  The controller I use to play it is the Atari dual stick controller from BD Retro Mods.  It's a really good option for me.  I prefer this method as it gives the arcade feel when playing it.

• Like 2

On 2/21/2024 at 4:55 PM, Intellivision Master said:

I ordered one too.  I never had the euro pad.  This new version will be nice to have once it releases.  

I ordered an original cx78 joypad from ebay £20 and it works great with 7800 games. It's missing the thumbstick thou it's not necessary. 👍

• Like 1

You can use THEGamepad by Retro Games LTD/Plaion with it the one that comes with THEA500 Mini, you just need to add a USB Adapter for it to work, I use the Micro USB port inside the 2600+ and a Sony EC310 Micro USB OTG Cable, I have tried the USB-C port with different USB-C to Micro USB Adapters and none have worked for me.

Fire 1 is Y button and Fire 2 is Menu button(weird) but I do know why... :)

Edited by Spanner

50 minutes ago, shane857 said:

I ordered an original cx78 joypad from ebay £20 and it works great with 7800 games. It's missing the thumbstick thou it's not necessary. 👍

I need to get a twin thumbstick controller for Robotron 2084 thou. 😂