IGNORED

Help with my SDrive Max on my 800XL

bent_pin

There are a number of guides to this device, many tell you how to make one, some tell you how to set it up, but I'm not seeing as many on how to use them. Many youtube videos are not clear enough are too profuse at an hour plus with 4 ads for buying their version in the first 5 minutes. Links to decent videos on the topics and questions would be useful, please.

So far:

I've set up mine with an 8GB card and copied the base atr onto it.

I've copied the A8 calculator atr onto it as well.

I'm able to boot the computer and the drive boots to the loading screen on my TV, where I load the calculator atr into D1 and then soft reset the computer to boot into that image.

That all works great.

Is it possible to set an image to load into D1 by default and to boot to that image?

From the SDrive TV loading screen, is it possible to boot to the image loaded without a soft reset?

Is it possible to set a default image to load and boot without intervention? Then to deselect that later if necessary? For instance DOS 2.5

How do I make a blank disk so I can store and load programs written in basic? I'd prefer to do all of that from the 800XL without involving any extra PC software, if at all possible?

Are you copying .ATR and .XEX files over to the SD card?

The sdrive max has a NEW menu item that will create a new blank disk image.

Here is a great overview from Gavin:

Edited by Jfcatari
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Jfcatari said:

Are you copying .ATR and .XEX files over to the SD card?

The sdrive max has a NEW menu item that will create a new blank disk image.

Here is a great overview from Gavin:

Yes, I just pop the sd into the pc and copy the files over manually.

Thanks for the video link!

Great stuff, answered all of my questions except for the new disk feature. I'm guessing that it creates a raw double density disk and that I'd need to use a program like disk wizard to format it and finish the job?

Now I need to find all the images for disks and tapes. Archive and Atarimania are my first stops, but a master repository would be nice to find too.

1 hour ago, bent_pin said:

I'm guessing that it creates a raw double density disk and that I'd need to use a program like disk wizard to format it and finish the job?

Single density is created named SDMXnnnnn.ATR (nnnnn are numbers), you can then format it with whatever DOS you booted with

• Thanks 1