Rick Dangerous  45,013

piter               79,823 

piter               82 018

Rick Dangerous 56,208

agradeneu        95,617

madman           16,510

LEADING SCORE:

agradeneu       95,617

Thanks to madman, we have leveled up the prize(s). If a few new people join, I will add something else.

prize.thumb.jpg.710579800df6baf3e4388bec3cb3b9c3.jpg

Edited by Machine
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Anyone try 50Hz yet?  Seems a little easier. 

It does have a slight hourglass graphics glitch, namely once the hourglass goes away the graphics on the screen below appear (on the left).  This occurs at 50Hz, but not at 60Hz.  You are still playing during this time, but are close to the time expiring.  Over all the time seems to be about the same.

IMG_4365.jpeg

21 hours ago, CyranoJ said:

Anyone else got that red line at the top? It shouldn't be there.

No red line on mine. I just bought a copy last night and tried it this morning.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Scores so far:

grips03             40,904

Rick Dangerous  18,724

grips03             60,706

agradeneu        76,810

masematte       68,615

Rick Dangerous  40,513

piter                69,828

Rick Dangerous  45,013

piter               79,823 

piter               82 018

Rick Dangerous 56,208

agradeneu        95,617

madman           16,510

agradeneu       106,037

madman           50,915

grips03            73,512

LEADING SCORE:

agradeneu      106,037

Edited by Machine
  • Like 1

Here is what I do for a good score:

For the first couple of shots shooting in up direction is ok, after that switch to shooting more in the down direction and to either side, as you don't want to hit the human and miss them falling down.  Human comes from top.  Once you see 1 point for shooting planes, usually after getting a couple of humans, then search out boss on the level immediately.  I usually go right to find boss and try to get 1 more human on the way.  I suspect folks with high scorer than mine get 2 humans on the way.

I attack all bosses from right going left, same direction as the boss.  If you find boss to the right, shoot boss as you are flying towards him, then go up and you find another boss.  It's the same boss and finish him off.  I usually shoot from bottom right of boss, and angle shot or level shot to kill boss. 

If you shoot human and miss them, don't bother to continue,  just run your plane into another plane/bullet until all lives are lost.  I wish rom has press * # to reset like most Jaguar games, but its missing that.  Same thing if you hit something with your plane, just get rid of the rest of your lives.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, grips03 said:

If you shoot human and miss them, don't bother to continue,  just run your plane into another plane/bullet until all lives are lost.  I wish rom has press * # to reset like most Jaguar games, but its missing that.  Same thing if you hit something with your plane, just get rid of the rest of your lives.

For beginners and even rather decent players, I disagree with that. Even with some mistakes, you can still accomplish a good score (50,000 - 70,000) and even more importantly, improve your skills with the game.

For a perfect run, you need to progress fast to level 5, no deaths and catching all parachute guys. This would end up in a score way over 100,000.

Tip: Shoot the parachute guys and catch 'em, this would save you a lot of time!

Defeat bosses as quickly as possible without loosing a life. 

Edited by agradeneu
  • Like 2

I agree w/agradeneu, it's easy to get frustrated and want to reset, but keep at it. It took me awhile to get into the zone and do well. IMO once you get good the timer is your enemy, not the # of lives. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, madman said:

I agree w/agradeneu, it's easy to get frustrated and want to reset, but keep at it. It took me awhile to get into the zone and do well. IMO once you get good the timer is your enemy, not the # of lives. 

Yeah, I usually play some full runs to warm up, eventually I improved my score.