IGNORED

I started my Dreamcast collection... (pics)

Tyrant

Dreamcasts are such lovely machines, Im sure I'll enjoy owning and collecing them, and since you all hopefully know me, and since quite a few of you have Dreamcast collections of your own, I thought I'd let you all see how I've started my collection, as I think you'll agree its a nice way to start a collection :). Now I just need to go get some games hehe.

post-605-1066858966_thumb.jpg

post-605-1066858967_thumb.jpg

post-605-1066858968_thumb.jpg

Yes, UK (European?) Dreamcasts have blue spirals, and go the other way round from the orange ones I think too.

The US Kiosk is hideous lol, it reminds me rarher a lot of a darlek, but I cant work out why, but they're really nasty things lol, the Japanese one is nicer, but boring, I think I got the best of the bunch hehe.

Not a clue about the colours, this is my first Dreamcast hehe :D

Oh, and the kiosk is almost as mint as they come lol, the only slight damage is a couple of tiny chips (less than 1mm each) and the right controler's cradle is a little danaged, and the vmu cage is missing, but thats fairly minor and the only thing that couldnt fairly be called "mint" :)

How the hell did you come into this? How much did you SPEND?

Damn..

I found it by pure chance, I went into a shop to buy a jack to jack cable for my headphones because I seem to have lost my old one, and there it was, I left a message for the manager to phone me back and the rest as they say is history. I paid £300 GBP for it, which I dont think is bad at all, and £30 more for delivery, and he helped me all the way into my room with it :). Its all gone on the plastic, and I still dont have a job, but still, I think I got a good deal and its well worth it :).

Its in here because Im a Jaguar person, with a couple of exceptions in the Lynx and ST forums I exist entirely within the Jaggy forum, and the people in the other forums are all strangers to me lol, except those few who also are crossovers from here. You seem to be new, and I've been away for a month or so, so you probably havnt seen many of my posts before (the last was 3 pages ago hehe), but I am a regular here, and so I figure Im allowed a couple of off topic posts here and there :). Oh, and as I said, many Jaggy people have Dreamcasts :).

I don't know why, but I like the blue PAL DC look over the US reddish orange.  

Is there a reason they did that? Just to keep them separated easier?

the reason is simple.

sega japan and sega america like the orange colour, while sega europe tought that blue fitted most for the european version.

so tahts the reason why. it could have been green, purple or any colour! but sega europe liked blue better :) and a god choice they made , oh yess

That's cool...I agree that it's much nicer looking than the US kiosks.

Though I think I still prefer my Jaguar kiosk ;)

You're not this person, are you?

Anyway, anyone know where I can see pics of all the Video game consoles? Any place that had photos of old ones, new ones, etc? I'd like to see them all.

No, that's Thunderbird. I'm K3V.

I found my kiosk "in the wild" at a local game shop. Got it for $200 with the SC2435 monitor and RGB cable. I ended up tracking down the Radio Shack amp that goes in the back on clearance and had to replace the lower front panel, but it's in good shape now :)

Oh, and I don't think we'll be adopting anyone but I'll be sure to post here if the wife decides to go that route. rofl

• 3 weeks later...
Wow  :o  !! We almost had one but the Family Toy Whorehouse that went out of business wanted $200 and somebody else snapped it up. What a beauty.... I'm drooling all over the keyboard..... nice
HEY HEY HEY!

Now now..

I WORKED at Family Toy for a year and a half before they went under. Let's show some respect. It's not their fault the bookkeeper they had was a bastard that didn't know what they were doing.

Our store had TWO DC kiosks and TWO PSX kiosks at the end. All were bought. But the price was higher than that.

I was drooling too, but with what I was paid, I couldn't afford that.

Now.. if you knew what the Phone Company did to Family Toy, you'd find your "Whorehouse" remark ironic. You see, the stores lease for the Fun Club number (1-800-FUN-CLUB) ran out one day, but the Phone company decided instead of letting the store know, they sold it... to a SEX TALK LINE! We had CUSTOMERS, FAMILIES and KIDS that called that number to check on their points with the Club. Instead of getting a friendly operator, they got a WOMAN TRYING TO TALK SEX TO THEM!

Milton Meyer Co could have sued, but the store was too far into Chapter 11 at that point it wouldn't have made a difference.

BTW, Foxy. What store did you go to? Mine was the Doylestown, PA store.

Now.. if you knew what the Phone Company did to Family Toy, you'd find your "Whorehouse" remark ironic. You see, the stores lease for the Fun Club number (1-800-FUN-CLUB) ran out one day, but the Phone company decided instead of letting the store know, they sold it... to a SEX TALK LINE! We had CUSTOMERS, FAMILIES and KIDS that called that number to check on their points with the Club. Instead of getting a friendly operator, they got a WOMAN TRYING TO TALK SEX TO THEM!

Milton Meyer Co could have sued, but the store was too far into Chapter 11 at that point it wouldn't have made a difference.

BTW, Foxy. What store did you go to? Mine was the Doylestown, PA store.

*mouth falls open* that is soooo wrong, (I just call it that because of Starscream, he always does stuff like that) Glad we never checked our points...anyway our store was in Hermitage,PA and I used to get so mad every time I went in there, because their DC games were never marked down. Why is that? I did like the store though because they usually had other toys you couldn't find anywhere else, not to mention breaking up the monotony of TRU....

*mouth falls open* that is soooo wrong, (I just call it that because of Starscream, he always does stuff like that) Glad we never checked our points...anyway our store was in Hermitage,PA and I used to get so mad every time I went in there, because their DC games were never marked down. Why is that? I did like the store though because they usually had other toys you couldn't find anywhere else, not to mention breaking up the monotony of TRU....
I know. It was sad. The game selection was always way behind. We never got games in time. The kiosks were so outdated. It was like the company didn't care. We got posters for games we didn't get for months after their release.

I saw a snapshot of the store from 1995. It was up to date! And so much NICER looking! It was funny because there was a display for the Sega Saturn in it.

Something must have happened between 1995 and 2001 because it was so better kept back then.

I was sad to see it go. They actually were trying to fix it up better, but couldn't do it in time. Bankruptcy is a bitch.

I kept my two shirts, my name tag and my Family Fun Club card, that's how sentimental it got me.