IGNORED

Gamestation Pro question regarding Arcade Galaga...

Gabe

I got my Gamestation Pro yesterday, and it's been a lot of fun. I wish I had gotten one sooner. I've updated the firmware to version 1.30 and I'm using a micro SD card with it for additional games. I've got a number of 2600 games as well as a few 7800 games on the micro SD card, and they all work perfectly. I've also got the Arcade version of Pac-Man, and that runs perfectly as well. However, I can't get the Arcade MAME version of Galaga to run. I've downloaded a MAME Rom from multiple sites, and none of them work. I leave them zipped, just like with Pac-Man and like you're supposed to with MAME games, but they won't run. It's very disappointing, as Galaga was one of my favorite games as teen in the 80s, and the 7800 version, which I have and which works, just doesn't cut it.

Has anyone out there gotten the Arcade version of Galaga to work with your Gamestation Pro, and if so, how did you do it? Was it a special Rom? One other than MAME? Were there additional files that you had to add in order for it to run?   

Edited by Gabe
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Atari8264 said:

First, thank you for the reply and help.

Do I download the whole thing, then find the game ROM in the download and put it on the SD card? 

Do I download the whole thing and copy it all to the SD card?

Sorry, I'm a complete noob when it comes to this and utterly lost. I've never done anything more than download individual ROMs. Even with my Raspberry Pi4 setup with RetroPie I've only ever downloaded individual ROMs and added them to the corresponding system folder (2600 ROMs in 2600 folder, etc).

You can download the whole large .zip file. Then open the file (do not extract it) using Windows File Explorer.  The file should be in the Downloads area.  When you double-click the 2003 reference .zip file, it will show you the file contents.  Double-click the roms folder to see the thousands of roms.  Then you can copy the individual galaga.zip file to the SD card folder by dragging the file over.

• Like 1

Woo hoo, it worked!!! 

I couldn't figure out how to download the whole thing, but I was able to go in and get the individual file on the website. When it starts it doesn't look like it's going to work, with a bunch symbols and lines on the screen, but after a few seconds it sorts itself out and runs properly.

Thank you for your help. It was genuinely appreciated. 🙂

1 hour ago, Gabe said:

When it starts it doesn't look like it's going to work, with a bunch symbols and lines on the screen, but after a few seconds it sorts itself out and runs properly.

Thank you for your help. It was genuinely appreciated. 🙂

Those symbols and lines sound like the simple boot screen of many arcade games of the time, it's normal.

• Like 1