IGNORED

Scsi Hard drive or devices use

Good morning, I am repairing my WHT model F SCSI card, to finalize my repair,  I have a question about the disks that this type of card accepts or other hardware. Thanks for your help.

Bonjour,

Je répare ma carte SCSI WHT modèle F, pour finaliser ma réparation j'ai une question sur les disques que ce type de carte accepte ou autre matériel.

Merci pour votre aide.

Edited by humeur

1 hour ago, humeur said:

Good morning, I am repairing my WHT model F SCSI card, to finalize my repair,  I have a question about the disks that this type of card accepts or other hardware. Thanks for your help.

Bonjour,

Je répare ma carte SCSI WHT modèle F, pour finaliser ma réparation j'ai une question sur les disques que ce type de carte accepte ou autre matériel.

Merci pour votre aide.

I got my WHTech SCSI card working again also a type F and have as wds1. my syquest drive and the wds2. Through wds7. As 6 Virtual Images on a SDcard in the ZuluSCSI adapter. Which is the best solution unless you have existing older Scsi hard drives to hookup.

PXL_20240223_050519680.jpg

PXL_20240223_050506831.MP.jpg

PXL_20240223_050450163.MP.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On PC I've been using SCSI for years so I have CD player disks too. So no special disks on this card except the limitation of 250 MB.

Sur PC cela fait des années que je suis sur SCSI et SAS maintenant, donc j'ai des disques, lecteur cd aussi.

Donc pas de disques spéciaux sur cette carte sauf la limitation a 250 Mo.

Edited by humeur

I read the post on the zuluscsi, as I don't have a disk I'm already going to try on those, to already be sure that the card is 100% functional. I read that often the 7805 regulator was destroyed. For the moment the card is recognized the CRU ok with access to the DSR memory remains to check the 53c80 with a disk.

I put this in place of the regulator which manages the logic circuits.

image.thumb.jpeg.72fa23804f1d40c14fd9c119852b3330.jpeg

J'ai lu le post sur le zuluscsi, comme j'ai pas de disque je vais déjà essayer sur ceux la, déjà être sur que la carte soit a 100% fonctionnel.

J'ai lu que souvent les régulateur 7805 était détruit.

Pour l'instant la carte est reconnue le CRU ok avec accès à la mémoire DSR reste a vérifier le 53c80 avec un disque.

Edited by humeur
  • Like 2

45 minutes ago, 9640News said:

I've got the ZuluSCSI.  Backups are easy as it is just a matter of copying the individual hard drive images (250 MB or whatever size you format) to another device.  I have not encountered any issues using on a Geneve.

Yeah so far it's working well on my TI99 along with my syquest drive.

I am using essentially the same setup as @Gary from OPA  Works great.  I have a ZuluSCSI device set on ID 1,2,3,4,5,6 and my internal EZ135 drive set to ID 0.   My previous configuration for 20+ years was two internal EZ135 drives.

I have never had an issue with my SCSI card power or regulators.  Richard updated my cards and installed new regulators & heat sinks sometime around 2000. Both cards were active 24x7 for many years without a problem.   Please take extra care to review and properly set up the termination. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, InsaneMultitasker said:

I am using essentially the same setup as @Gary from OPA  Works great.  I have a ZuluSCSI device set on ID 1,2,3,4,5,6 and my internal EZ135 drive set to ID 0.   My previous configuration for 20+ years was two internal EZ135 drives.

I have never had an issue with my SCSI card power or regulators.  Richard updated my cards and installed new regulators & heat sinks sometime around 2000. Both cards were active 24x7 for many years without a problem.   Please take extra care to review and properly set up the termination. 

Yeah so far it's working great I removed the stock centronics cable as my ez135 is in external case and added a y adapter molex power splitter and made the ZuluSCSI do termination and ran a 50 pin ribbon cable between it and ez135 and the whtech card as you can see in this picture. I added some double side tape to the plastic frame on the zuluscsi so it doesn't move. Only thing at some point I need to get a sq3270 drive as I still have some not backed up 270mb cartridges. I seen recently a cheap internal one on eBay so might risk grabbing it. But then how to hook it up, need a longer 50pin cable with more connectors and power supply and case, which both are not easy to get here in Canada at least at affordable prices.

PXL_20240223_050450163.MP.jpg

• Like 1

8 hours ago, InsaneMultitasker said:

No worries about termination, I've been working with SCSI on PC for years, I know.

Pas de soucis sur la terminaison cela fait des années que je travail avec du SCSI sur PC je connais

• Like 2

Gary you can make 50 to 25 adapters and use a smaller and easier cable than the big one.

Gary tu peux te faire des adaptateurs de 50 en 25 et utiliser un câble plus petit et plus facile que le gros.

JL

• Like 1