IGNORED

Chicago TI-99/4A User Group Web Page is now officially online!

JB Freeware

We just got the routing situation resolved and while we will continue to add content, the web page is complete enough to launch it. I'd like to thank James Mazurek for doing all the back end work. Without his help the page could never have been launched. I would also like to thank everyone here for all the great ideas that have been pouring in. Please continue and as usual, I welcome any ideas and comments regarding the web page. I know there are many outstanding web pages that have served the TI community for many years. My hats off to them! This is not a competition but by supporting each other we can keep the community going for many years to come. I have a link page for both youtube, interesting web pages and still existing TI user groups. If I am missing any (and I'm sure I am) please let me know either here or on the web page. We have both a chat section and a forum like this one. I did not create the forum to compete with this one. This *IS* the official international TI forum as far as I am concerned. I created a local forum for local Chicago stuff that might not belong here but I intend to encourage people to use this one. So much so that I have a permanent link to here on our web page.

So here is the official link:

chicagotiug.org

www.chicagotiug.org

We hope you like it. Thanks!

P.S. At least for the time being, the Chicago TImes Newsletter will be available to download from the web page only (Unless you attend a meeting and then you will get a hard copy)

Firefox_Screenshot_2024-02-27T18-42-55.597Z.png

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Gary from OPA said:

are you going to add a history section at some point. i would love to see your new website have a section with videos and pictures and history of all previous world faire, and also older newsletters that you can download.

I'm working on it. The problem is that I have to get permission from the people who posted this stuff unless I get it first hand from individuals. I would hate to be accused of downloading stuff from others web pages to put on our own without permission.

I'm going to try to obtain copies of the old newsletters from the group. Some of the digital copies I have seen as in pretty poor shape. I'd love to recreate them to clean them up but that is a huge time commitment that I'm not sure I want to do at this point.

There is a web page that has almost all the faire reports. I'm going to try and get permission to reprint them. Thanks for the suggestions!

• Like 2