IGNORED

Birth of a new BBS - the origin story

Lastic

Posted (edited)
On 5/17/2024 at 7:31 AM, Lastic said:

@Tillek I noticed today that using fTelnet via sfhq doesn't seem to work anymore , not for my BBS nor Darkforce fnor SFHQ ?

On another note does anybody know how to get whitelisted for fTelnet on telnetbbsguide.com 
I've send my details via the contact form already 3 times I think but no luck yet.

As Tillek indicated, you have to ask the fTelnet author to get whitelisted. I have no idea how long it takes. I was surprised to discover that The Basement BBS was whitelisted. I don't remember requesting it. If I did request it, it was probably a while back. ;-)

There is another BBS website that supports fTelnet called "I ping therefore I am", https://www.ipingthereforeiam.com/bbs/

The maintainer of this website whitelists everyone that gets listed on their website.

-JP

Edited by JohnPolka
  • Like 1

A quick question regarding my blogsite www.thecell.ar ?

What are the opinions of those who have visited it ?
Too much rambling ?
Not enough techo-babble ?
Too short/too long ?

Planning on creating some more content hence the question.

5 hours ago, Lastic said:

A quick question regarding my blogsite www.thecell.ar ?

What are the opinions of those who have visited it ?
Too much rambling ?
Not enough techo-babble ?
Too short/too long ?

Planning on creating some more content hence the question.

I think it's pretty good. You've got a platform there, that as you mentioned, you can fill up with your favored content.

:)

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/22/2024 at 4:50 PM, DarkLord said:

I think it's pretty good. You've got a platform there, that as you mentioned, you can fill up with your favored content.

:)

A lot of that has been added since then now.

Aha I was wondering why I was missing the emails that notify me whenever a reply is done on a topic of mine or one which I follow.

Looks like the Notification settings had been reset ? so email notifications were no longer selected.
That's now re-enabled so I won't be missing out on the action 😁

9 hours ago, Lastic said:

Aha I was wondering why I was missing the emails that notify me whenever a reply is done on a topic of mine or one which I follow.

Looks like the Notification settings had been reset ? so email notifications were no longer selected.
That's now re-enabled so I won't be missing out on the action 😁

I've actually noticed that they never quite worked right in the clubs.  The only notification I actually get are when someone joins most of the time.  Here and there I'll get a random notification about a post or reply, but hardly ever.  That's why I started PMing the meeting reminders instead of just posting them here and letting the notifications take care of it.