IGNORED

1400XL SuperSalt & TT

11 hours ago, Ricky Spanish said:

Dunno if anybody has it, but here it is. Pretty neat.

Really annoying, try downloading in chrome and it says .bin files are "dangerous" and blocks the download,

there's no easy option to override this, I know I can go into the settings and turn this feature off, but it's

a bit of a pain.

On the other hand Microsoft Edge doesn't give a damn, good old Micro$oft ☠️

4 hours ago, TGB1718 said:

Really annoying, try downloading in chrome and it says .bin files are "dangerous" and blocks the download,

there's no easy option to override this, I know I can go into the settings and turn this feature off, but it's

a bit of a pain.

On the other hand Microsoft Edge doesn't give a damn, good old Micro$oft ☠️

Go to downloads history in the dropdown and click on keep dangerous file. Done. 

37 minutes ago, Ricky Spanish said:

Go to downloads history in the dropdown and click on keep dangerous file. Done. 

Unfortunately not an option that I can see, just says dangerous file, blocked, no options to keep, I don't think it

even downloaded it, just blocked the it.

3 hours ago, TGB1718 said:

Unfortunately not an option that I can see, just says dangerous file, blocked, no options to keep, I don't think it

even downloaded it, just blocked the it.

I'll screenshot it when i get home. 

1 hour ago, x=usr(1536) said:

The attached .zip file contains both 1400salt.bin and 1400tele.bin.  Try downloading this one; it's encrypted, created with macOS' commandline zip utility.  Password is 'atariage', all lower-case, no quotes.

salty.zip 15.79 kB · 0 downloads

Your goanna love this, it actually checks what's inside the .zip and blocks it too

@Roydea6 thanks for the screen shot, however as I said before, I don't get that option, I'll just use Edge when I get this issue

thanks anyway

• Thanks 1

On 2/28/2024 at 1:44 PM, TGB1718 said:

Your goanna love this, it actually checks what's inside the .zip and blocks it too

That's interesting - while it's possible to get a list of the files inside the .zip archive without the password, the archive is encrypted.  There's nothing for it to match against, which makes me think it may be doing a match based on file extensions or similar.

If you wouldn't mind humouring me for a moment, let me know if it lets you download either of these files.  Both are encrypted with the password 'atariage', and 'saltytxt.zip' contains the original files with the extension changed from '.bin' to '.txt'.  'peppery.zip' contains two files with similar names to the original files, but they're nothing but random data.

peppery.zip saltytxt.zip

31 minutes ago, x=usr(1536) said:

If you wouldn't mind humouring me for a moment, let me know if it lets you download either of these files.  Both are encrypted with the password 'atariage', and 'saltytxt.zip' contains the original files with the extension changed from '.bin' to '.txt'.  'peppery.zip' contains two files with similar names to the original files, but they're nothing but random data.

peppery.zip got blocked.

slatytxt.zip downloaded ok. Was password protected as you said, password was accepted to open the files.

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, TGB1718 said:

peppery.zip got blocked.

slatytxt.zip downloaded ok. Was password protected as you said, password was accepted to open the files.

A clear proof of AD (artificial dumbness) in Chrome.

Btw.: Firefox also complains that the file contains a virus or malware but allows to download anyway.

image.png.7b49aff0a0facff79bbe7792506463fa.png

• Like 2

Some of Chrome issues might be policy your place  of work is enforcing: "Your browser is managed by your organization ".  Chrome on MacOS  throws up the dangerous download/blocked message for me at the office.  Safari happily downloads it.

In chrome do this:  Settings -> Privacy and security -> Security -> No Protection

11 hours ago, Ricky Spanish said:

Now that that's covered. Is it possible to convert these to .XEX ? I want to experiment a little.

I had a go and managed to get to the main screen and run the colour bar test, go back to the menu

then it crashed, still needs some work :)

I did run it from SDX, so that may be causing the issue.

Edited by TGB1718

10 hours ago, TGB1718 said:

I had a go and managed to get to the main screen and run the colour bar test, go back to the menu

then it crashed, still needs some work :)

I didn't have that problem. Works fine on emulator from 'boot image' .

Just wanna try on real hardware now.

What tools can I download to convert .bin to .xex ? thanks.

• 1 month later...