IGNORED

WTF?

Retrospect

5 hours ago, mizapf said:

I could not get it running in MAME yet; what kind of cartridge is that? ROM or GROM data?

It's been created using senior falcon's "makecartG" utility.  I think it works on Final Grom?  I would have attempted an RPK but I just cannot get my head around the layout file and what things are meant to be in there.  ;)  I will keep trying that though! 

Edit:  I just went onto my folders to get you the fiad file to put it into a DSK image that I knew would run under MAME and it appears i've binned the source, binned all my fiads and emptied the bin earlier during a cleanup.  I should never do this but then again I can't stand "hoarding" on my pc!   Sorry about that.  

Edited by Retrospect
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Retrospect said:

It's been created using senior falcon's "makecartG" utility.  I think it works on Final Grom?  I would have attempted an RPK but I just cannot get my head around the layout file and what things are meant to be in there.  ;)  I will keep trying that though! 

Edit:  I just went onto my folders to get you the fiad file to put it into a DSK image that I knew would run under MAME and it appears i've binned the source, binned all my fiads and emptied the bin earlier during a cleanup.  I should never do this but then again I can't stand "hoarding" on my pc!   Sorry about that.  

Here you go. 

JOE.dsk

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, mizapf said:

OK, this is working; it must be loaded in Extended Basic.

What does makecartG create from it? Is this intended to be run on the FinalGrom only?

MakecartG creates a GROM based module compatible with the v2.2 console, makecart8 creates a more versatile ROM based module. 

Both basically disables the 32k memory extension and works out of VRAM to make a dump of the 32k extension. 

Details can be found in the XB GEM Manual.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, eebuckeye said:

Can't get it to work with JS99er.. hm..

Use Load Cart option and then choose the file that way.  Ensure 32K is enabled although I think it always is by default.

Other than that I don't know?  It works fine for me in 99er.  

• Like 1