IGNORED

Long Island Retro Gaming Expo, Fri 8/9/24 to Sun 8/11/24

Mocotechprfl

The Long Island Retro Gaming Expo is being held from Friday 8/9/24 to Sunday 8/11/24

Cradle of Aviation

Charles Lindbergh Blvd, Garden City, NY 11530

https://liretro.com/

Twitter:  @litretro

I just registered for my weekend pass, and will be driving with a couple of friends and staying overnight.

I am hoping to meet YouTuber GenXGrownup aka @jonreddick, who mentioned he's 80% sure he's coming as of now. And I'm also hoping John Champeau of Champ Games aka @johnnywc is coming. Since it's a few months away, nobody is confirmed yet on the website.

For those of you who are Marriott Hotel fans, the Long Island Marriott is the closest hotel to the venue, and if you call Marriott Reservations, mention the LI Retro Gaming Expo when booking, as they have a special discounted rate!

Note that I do not work for Marriott or LIRGE. I'm just a fan or retro gaming. This will be my first time attending this expo and want to see how it compares to the PRGE in Portland, OR, which I went to back in 2019.

Anybody else plan on going?

I may buy and wear something with the Atari Age logo, like this hat on their merch page: https://atariage.com/store/index.php?l=product_list&c=62

Figured it would be a good way to spot and be spotted by other Atari Age subscribers!

===========

~ Mocotechprfl ~

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mocotechprfl said:

The Long Island Retro Gaming Expo is being held from Friday 8/9/24 to Sunday 8/11/24

Cradle of Aviation

Charles Lindbergh Blvd, Garden City, NY 11530

https://liretro.com/

Twitter:  @litretro

I just registered for my weekend pass, and will be driving with a couple of friends and staying overnight.

I am hoping to meet YouTuber GenXGrownup aka @jonreddick, who mentioned he's 80% sure he's coming as of now. And I'm also hoping John Champeau of Champ Games aka @johnnywc is coming. Since it's a few months away, nobody is confirmed yet on the website.

For those of you who are Marriott Hotel fans, the Long Island Marriott is the closest hotel to the venue, and if you call Marriott Reservations, mention the LI Retro Gaming Expo when booking, as they have a special discounted rate!

Note that I do not work for Marriott or LIRGE. I'm just a fan or retro gaming. This will be my first time attending this expo and want to see how it compares to the PRGE in Portland, OR, which I went to back in 2019.

Anybody else plan on going?

I may buy and wear something with the Atari Age logo, like this hat on their merch page: https://atariage.com/store/index.php?l=product_list&c=62

Figured it would be a good way to spot and be spotted by other Atari Age subscribers!

===========

~ Mocotechprfl ~

Plans so far are coming together, so barring unforeseen wrenches thrown into the works, I'll be there!

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

LI Retro Gaming Expo will be here in 11 days! Anyone here confirmed to go?  I'm still going with a couple of friends and staying the weekend.

I also saw on GenXGrownup's YouTube channel, aka @jonreddick that he's still going! I look forward to meeting him and all the others.

===========

~ Mocotechprfl ~

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mocotechprfl said:

LI Retro Gaming Expo will be here in 11 days! Anyone here confirmed to go? 

Champ Games is confirmed!  We will have a booth in the Indie/Homebrew showcase area.  Looking forward to seeing everyone there! :) 

• Like 1

Note that the Expo just published their full program, including events and a map. 

This is the official event website:

https://www.eventeny.com/events/liretro2024-8831/

This is the program link from their website:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/10MjpRnGxU8p4QskQLHyD6I6UaFr2NlDZ/view

I have also attached the PDF here.

===========

~ Mocotechprfl ~

LI Retro 2024 Program.pdf

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/29/2024 at 10:17 AM, Mocotechprfl said:

LI Retro Gaming Expo will be here in 11 days! Anyone here confirmed to go?  I'm still going with a couple of friends and staying the weekend.

I also saw on GenXGrownup's YouTube channel, aka @jonreddick that he's still going! I look forward to meeting him and all the others.

===========

~ Mocotechprfl ~

I'm sad to report that, due to tornado warnings in the northeast and numerous flight cancellations, GenXGrownUp isn't going to make it this year. There's nowhere we'd rather be, but it just wasn't in the cards.

As I type this, the flight the were going to transfer me to might arrive at JFK at 4:30am unless it gets further delayed or cancelled!

Hey @jonreddick sorry we missed you yesterday. Was my first time there and we got to meet @johnnywc and John Hancock. 

Toms of vendors and retro games and we all had a blast! We got there right when it opened Saturday morning and saw everything in about 4 hours.

We hit Grand Luxe Cafe for lunch right after that.

Note for anyone going this year or next year - for great Italian, try Vincent's Clam Bar. Make reservations though.

For really good diner food at a reasonable price, Carle Place Diner can't be beat 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mocotechprfl said:

Hey @jonreddick sorry we missed you yesterday. Was my first time there and we got to meet @johnnywc and John Hancock. 

Toms of vendors and retro games and we all had a blast! We got there right when it opened Saturday morning and saw everything in about 4 hours.

We hit Grand Luxe Cafe for lunch right after that.

Note for anyone going this year or next year - for great Italian, try Vincent's Clam Bar. Make reservations though.

For really good diner food at a reasonable price, Carle Place Diner can't be beat 

If you took any video's or pictures I'd love to see them:)