IGNORED

Astroblast issues on 2600+

shigs42

I recently got Astroblast for the 2600+. Cleaned the contacts and plugged it in. The starting screen shows, but the game won't start at all. Tried it on my 7800 and it runs just fine. Is this a known issue for the 2600+?

38 minutes ago, Lost Monkey said:

Probably set for paddles.

The manual says it can be used with either joystick or paddles, and doesn’t mention any method to set it for one or the other (except to plug the controller into the left jack.)

1 hour ago, shigs42 said:

Is this a known issue for the 2600+?

If you search the forums for the word “astroblast” you’ll find multiple comments about it. Looks like it works with paddles if you update the 2600+ firmware, but maybe still doesn’t work with joysticks. I only skimmed the comments, but if you want more info just go to front page of the “Atari 2600+” forum and type “astroblast” in the search bar near the upper right of the screen.

• Thanks 2

8 hours ago, shigs42 said:

Thanks!! It does work with paddles. Shame it doesn't with joysticks as it seems to ramp up the difficulty when using paddles for some reason.

I have that game and I can't play it on the 2600+ because I didn't update the console.  Therefore, I must play the game on my 7800 with a joystick instead which is fine.  I don't have any paddles at the moment.  I did preorder the stand alone pack from Atari.  But they don't release until late May.