IGNORED

Giana Sisters for Plus/4 - nice sprite routines

Well how many great platformers do we have? Crownland I played through and enjoyed it much when it was released. But since then? And P4 crossed my mind as except for Color ram lacking and not having 256 chars per set we are similar to the p4 in terms of CPU power.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Heaven/TQA said:

Well how many great platformers do we have? Crownland I played through and enjoyed it much when it was released. But since then? And P4 crossed my mind as except for Color ram lacking and not having 256 chars per set we are similar to the p4 in terms of CPU power.

Careful, we PC users have other meanings for P1, P2, P3 and P4...  ;-)

But its nice to know, that our A8 is equal to a P4 in terms of CPU power. 😁

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Heaven/TQA said:

Well how many great platformers do we have? Crownland I played through and enjoyed it much when it was released. But since then?

This may be an unpopular opinion, but I don't think of Crownland as much more than a tech demo. The game is really short, and the control scheme is so unlike that of NES-style platformers I find it really hard to get into.

The A8 does have several well-known platformers - Miner 2049er, Jumpman, and Henry's House come to mind - but they're all single-screen rather than scrolling.  Scrolling platformers didn't become a big thing until the NES, and by then software houses had largely given up on the A8.  Not sure why more homebrew developers haven't jumped on the opportunity since then - maybe the level design is too much work?

Edited by FifthPlayer
  • Like 1