IGNORED

Giant Rotary Knobs

Machine

I was asked to find the biggest/heaviest knob that would work on the Jaguar rotaries.

Here are the best two:

The giant solid aluminum knob weighs in at 3 oz.:

kno2in.thumb.jpg.626cfc5eeeff4900dce00218076399c3.jpg

Next up is a smaller brother-also solid aluminum, weighs in at 2 oz.:

knob1_5in.thumb.jpg.9181fecfbcd3b378677db2c940ee55d1.jpg

For comparison:

knobX3.thumb.jpg.af29d83b527d67ee11ed0415da75f8a1.jpg

• Like 3

5 hours ago, orpheuswaking said:

I have a couple of rotary controllers but I don't recall where they came from. I wonder if these would fit 

They would probably fit. I would be worried about if they glued the dpad in to hold the rotary knob. These knobs are very heavy and I would worry the glue might not hold. I am now using a mount kit that will not break.

I am unsure if I will carry them because they are expensive. The small knob cost me $12 and the big one is $17(or so). They are on Amazon, so grabbing them there will get you free shipping.

Of course, they will not have the Jaguar logo. I can send a logo for $5 shipped(outside USA it will be $1 more) in a letter if anyone wants just the logo.

24 minutes ago, grips03 said:

I like how Machine uses the standard controller with the crummy d-pad as the donor controller for the rotary controller.  He knows exactly what to use.

The model "B" controllers have ok d-pads. They don't bother me. I use them because you can still get new/old stock. I was told that they are sitting on more controllers than they will ever be able to sell.

The new mount kit allows you to put the controller back to stock. Not sure why you would want to do that, but it's an option. The mount is extremely sturdy. I don't see it ever breaking.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Bratwurst said:

Wow. Those are beautiful. Do you have a preference or have you noticed an improvement in play with either the large & small aluminum knobs versus the lighter plastic one?

I am more of a precise player, so I think it is more of what knob is comfortable. I can see players liking the comfort of one knob over the others, but I do not think it will make your scores go through the roof. It may feel better and more comfortable.

These large/heavy knobs would not be possible without Bratwurst's mount kit. I feel very comfortable that the mount will easily hold them. Great job on the mounts!!!

Not only large but some good weight too:

kno2in.thumb.jpg.bdec12d3c857d528e58a318fddc85a63.jpg

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, orpheuswaking said:

I have a couple of rotary controllers but I don't recall where they came from. I wonder if these would fit 

7 hours ago, neo_rg said:

I like ... I may have to order 1 of each 

7 hours ago, Saturn said:

Epic. I'm in for some.

So if you guys want to order the knobs from Amazon and save a few bucks, I can sell you the jaguar labels. It will save you some money. If you want to do it that way, just message me and I will send you links to the knobs. It will save you probably $5-6 a knob because of Amazon's free shipping.

The original black knobs are great. You can add some "steel stik" to them and get nice weight. It comes down to feel, comfort, and looks. They all look cool. I would love to bring all three knobs to a convention and see which one is picked the most.

• Like 1