IGNORED

[PSA] Geek with Social Skills - Adrian/Ron YouTube Video

[PSA] Just in case any of you have dealt with this lowlife…. (GWSS - Sean).  I really hope nobody in our TI community has been burned by him.  If you have been taken advantage of by him, please speak up on the video and make yourself known. It’s only by discussing, and like Adrian said, making it known among the community, that we can openly discuss it as a retro community.   

(This has been making the rounds in many of the Discords that I belong to, and really threw the NABU one for a loop over the past week, like was mentioned in the video.)

I admit I am completely out of the loop on these things.  I am pretty much social dark, so when I met Adrian at VCF last year, I had no idea who he was.  He is nice guy and cool to hang out with.

As well, I have/had no clue of who this SeanRox guy is, but I have known people like him.  I cannot abide latching-on, manipulation, and false representation like this.

"Geek with social skills," sounds more like social engineering skills.

I remember the kerfuffle about a year ago when it appeared that GwSS modified the NABU ROM to make it look like he was the author. FF to now, and we are seeing that this appears to not be a one-off prank, but another episode from a guy who seems to have a bit of a history behind himself. Old videos are being re-uploaded, and the players seem to be celebrating its one year anniversary. Kinda weird if you ask me.

9 hours ago, rootboy said:

I remember the kerfuffle about a year ago when it appeared that GwSS modified the NABU ROM to make it look like he was the author. FF to now, and we are seeing that this appears to not be a one-off prank, but another episode from a guy who seems to have a bit of a history behind himself. Old videos are being re-uploaded, and the players seem to be celebrating its one year anniversary. Kinda weird if you ask me.

- a lot of this is old news, recycled and rehashed hearsay of things that happened to other people that aren't identified and facts are missing

- some of this is not that, but those seem to be people not willing to do what is required to pursue this legally.  So instead they are joining in the above rehash and adding their situations.

- Adrian Black is being told that the guy was gatekeeping him, which is different than my experience. The only thing I heard was they were friends and that he'd talk with him about retro projects. It seems like Adrian had decided not to talk with him anymore and didn't tell him. Well he knows now.

- The nabu thing was a prank, not theft.. anyone calling the hex edit of free software based on public domain software "theft" is showing their intelligence and maturity. There was no love lost between the two parties involved and both have had no problem talking bad about each other.   It's stupid and childish at best.

That said the guy should NOT be trusted at his word. He's sold me supposedly working machines which turned out to be not working. Also promised and not delivered by deadlines and has made no effort to communicate I'm always having to ask him and then get put off before finally either delivering or giving my money back. At this point I'm not out a ton of money but the fact is that his promises are not to be trusted, and anything purchased from him should be tested before payment.

• Confused 1