IGNORED

Atari st gamepad

Best Electronics do a Jagpad to Atari 2600 adapter that works well with the ST.  Only the d pad and B fire button work but it keeps it Atari :)

Also, if you have an STE you can use the Jagpad for the handful of games that support the enhanced joystick ports on the side.

This one will be available soon.  It should work with the ST in a standard controller port.  It is an Atari branded product.  Fire button one would work on ST games.  I'm not sure if any ST games ever supported the 7800 scheme for button 2.

https://atari.com/products/cx78-gamepad

Edit:  Oops, I read online that the the original 7800 controllers would confuse the ST and cause problems, although I would swear that I have plugged in and used a 7800 proline controller with my own ST.  Atari's description sort of claims backward compatibility with "all atari systems".  Maybe they have different logic inside than the original 7800 controllers?  I do plan on trying one on my ST when they are available in May 2024.  Maybe the new one will work as-is?

Sorry for any confusion.  Here's the article I read on the subject:  https://ctrl-alt-rees.com/2018-11-14-atari-7800-controller-st-compatibility-modification.html

Edited by RodLightning