IGNORED

Solar Eclipse

7 hours ago, bfollowell said:

Not quite the same, but you could always run it on an emulator and record the video, just to insure there's no glare in your recording.

I'll cover the monitor, or just close the drapes haha. I also want it on real hardware for the sole fact one is tracking a rare celestial event on a 40 year old computer, with a 40 year old program, in 2024.

• Like 10

• 5 weeks later...

Great idea! I ran Atari Planetarium while following the local museum planetarium feed - a great show even if it was mostly cloudy here...

ManitobaSolarEclipse2024.thumb.jpg.b31e25b05bfd24c1098295cc5656e94c.jpg

But clear on the screen!

AtariPlanitariumEclipse2024.thumb.png.1d78bfbfa799abbecdc5a027d2916aa8.png

Sorry I didn't have time to bring my 130XE up from downstairs, but working from home so in and out throughout the day.

• Like 6

On 3/10/2024 at 2:27 PM, Ricky Spanish said:

I'll cover the monitor, or just close the drapes haha. I also want it on real hardware for the sole fact one is tracking a rare celestial event on a 40 year old computer, with a 40 year old program, in 2024.

Well, I know it's a little late, but that's what Rybags was talking about, I think.  I know for the Atari BBS Community Zoom chats I use a video capture with the Sophia on the 1200xl and Falcon that I use for demos and it works great.  Also just picked up a composite video one for using the machines that don't have Sophias.