IGNORED

Thoughts on the Amiga cd32 system?

JagWarlord

I didn't want to place any bids on games until I knew the CD32 would arrive. Wouldn't you know it - now there's currently only CD32 stuff from Eli's Software Encyclopedia, and they're mighty proud of their +Mint!+ and +Sealed!+ items.

Glad to hear everything went well. Keep in mind when you're buying games that there are FAR more CD32 owners in Europe, so that's where most of eBay's CD32 stuff will come from. I always click the "show all auctions" link at the bottom when searching for stuff.

--Zero

Ugh, stay away from Centsible Software. Terrible prices, and various things are out of stock. You're better off just waiting for the games you want to show up on eBay. There's not a whole lot of CD32 fans out there, so most games go for rather cheap.

Add terrible customer service and "what you see is not always what you get" to the list of reasons to avoid Centsible Software.

Ugh, stay away from Centsible Software. Terrible prices, and various things are out of stock. You're better off just waiting for the games you want to show up on eBay. There's not a whole lot of CD32 fans out there, so most games go for rather cheap.

Add terrible customer service and "what you see is not always what you get" to the list of reasons to avoid Centsible Software.

Well, they never answered the email I sent them.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Looks like they're back with a new ebay account - NIB CD32

Compare to the listing I bought - wording is nearly identical(days to arrive is different), photos are the same.

I have a CD32 and love it. Right now i would definately reccommend getting Alien Breed Tower Assault. All the Breeds are good, but this one rocks, and the intro kicks butt too. Im trying to collect as many games as i can and as of right now i have 17. Talking about 17 anything by Team 17 is a sure bet of a awesome game too. :lust:

I need to get my system up and running one of these days. Right now I have greater concerns, but maybe I'll finally get a power supply for the system over the summer, if I have cash to spare.

Get youself a DIN plug and wire a PC (or arcade) power supply to it. Only two voltages :)

So far I've got:

CD32 Gamer Mag Vol 10

CD32 Gamer Mag Vol 16

Dangerous Streets *

Guardian

The Chaos Engine - one of my favorite games on my Amiga 2000HD

Wild Cup Soccer

Wing Commander *

Also tracked down an extra Amiga CD32 Joypad, as well as a Competition Pro Joypad(still waiting on this one to arrive).

* one CD has both games on it.