IGNORED

Is there a way to clean up the RF Interference on my 5200

paulwgraber

I know there is an AV mod. But I'd rather not as I like keeping my systems OG.

However, the RF interference on my 5200 4 port is terrible. Particularly with Adventure II with these veridical lines all up and down my screen. I have one of those ground loop things, but they do nothing.

With some games it's not bad. Others like the aforementioned its bad.

Thx in advance.

PG

• 2 weeks later...

Although there's a metal shield on the board itself, I believe the interference is caused by the poor shielding on the power/RF cable itself.  RF interference is a much bigger culprit today because we use so many wireless devices.  A cable with a foil-braid shield would be best.

McMaster Carr sells some RFI sheathing which you can wrap around the cable for extra RF shielding.

Also... it's kinda tacky... you can try some aluminum foil... see how that works.

Both of these applications can be easily removed if you like to store/display your console in its original state.

1 hour ago, Cafeman said:

Are there two duplicate posts about this problem? In the other one it appears you found the main culprit and resolved it.

Yup, there's another post.  The one where the discussion has been taking place is this one: