IGNORED

Atari PC Mode USB

So finally got my hands on the PC mode Atari USB. I could never get into the bios password wouldn’t work so can not disable secure boot to use a batocera usb .

im trying to run Stella , Intellivision, Colecovision emulators to play those Roms 

with this Atari usb stick booting into desbian can I install batocera on it or will that kick it out because of the secure boot issue upon booting up just like it would if I just made my own batocera usb??

if that’s the case my only option is download separate emulators assuming they are Linux compliant and download and add Roms that way? Hope that made sense lol

9 minutes ago, bwestdpm said:

So finally got my hands on the PC mode Atari USB. I could never get into the bios password wouldn’t work so can not disable secure boot to use a batocera usb .

im trying to run Stella , Intellivision, Colecovision emulators to play those Roms 

with this Atari usb stick booting into desbian can I install batocera on it or will that kick it out because of the secure boot issue upon booting up just like it would if I just made my own batocera usb??

if that’s the case my only option is download separate emulators assuming they are Linux compliant and download and add Roms that way? Hope that made sense lol

My understanding is that "EmulationStation" provides a very similar experience as Batocera, and you can run it under Debian

https://emulationstation.org/    <-  this site has Debian downloads

The secure boot would not affect your ability to run apps like this,  it just prevents you from running unsigned operating systems.

There several other options for emulation:   "Retroarch" -  you can select which emulator "cores" to run from a list and it will download them for you.

And installing individual emulators is also possible.   Linux has a good selection of solid emulators.

Hmmm ok sorry for what are 2 more questions I should know without asking. But looking at specs on the usb I can’t tell.

so on emulation station page for desbian download….its got x86 and x64 versions….im assuming the x64 version but is that correct???

and as far as Roms go…I have a bunch on a usb. Can I plug in that second usb drive to the VCS and copy them into the Atari USB emuparadise folder or do I need to download them all again using the Atari pc mode usb only if that makes sense 

9 minutes ago, bwestdpm said:

so on emulation station page for desbian download….its got x86 and x64 versions….im assuming the x64 version but is that correct???

Should be the x64 version,     unless Atari screwed up and put a 32-bit OS on those USB sticks for some reason.   I would try the x64 one first

11 minutes ago, bwestdpm said:

and as far as Roms go…I have a bunch on a usb. Can I plug in that second usb drive to the VCS and copy them into the Atari USB emuparadise folder or do I need to download them all again using the Atari pc mode usb only if that makes sense 

Yes,  I don't know what User Interface Debian is running,   but in general on Linux when you plug in a flash drive, an icon will appear on the desktop or a window will open and you can copy the files from there.

• 1 month later...