IGNORED

ABBUC Software Competition 2024 opened

To help you get familiar with flying the F-16 in F-16 Falcon Strike

I have recorded an instructional video in which I discuss

• all the keys used in the game,
  • all the difficulty settings,
  • how to arm the fighter
  • and I cover from take-off to landing the first mission in the campaign, discussing what I am doing and why.

Video is divided into chapters for easy navigation.

Game manual is also provided on the game's home page at https://webchrono.pl/F16FalconStrike.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
9 hours ago, olix said:

I tested Q.B.Fox yesterday and spent two hours trying to jump over the dog. It just doesn't work. Is that even possible?

The game is no fun that way. Too bad, because otherwise it's actually good.

:( based on your experience it seems the prior version without fix was distributed:

image.thumb.png.bb7ca4a0ab23608232babf1f20809ad5.png

unfortunately I have designed the "level" like 10 minutes before the deadline and uploaded to the "upload space"... then I tried it, found and fixed the bug, however it was after the midnight and upload space was gone.... so I uploaded it to the chat we had with @holgibo ... which got accepted, but apparently forgotten.

image.thumb.png.2e9dd01ccb4ce66ea1c66919d0dd81f3.png

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, olix said:

Oh man, that's really annoying! I hope and would wish for you that the ABBUC competition jury will allow the fix to be submitted later.

It would be a shame if the game got fewer points than it actually deserved.

This issue is being discussed by the team and we will find a solution. The physical disks are very likely already copied (2x 560 pc), so we will not be able to update them, but we can do an update to the download.

Lesson from this: don't submit on the last second (I know I know, that is hard, as there is always one more thing to fix ... ;) )

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi,
I uploaded preview video of an additional F-16 Falcon strike version adapted for Rapidus and similar CPU accelerators.
In this version keys 9 and 0 can be used to decrease/increase simulation speed.
It is recorded with Altirra emulator configured with 65C816 21.48Mhz CPU as I don't own such accelerator.
Depending on interest/popularity I'll make futher enhancements of this sim version.

• Like 3

looking good but the landing visual and mechanic seems wrong, did you land with nose first? It should be all wheels touch down at once or rear touches down first, pov & nose slightly up. Could be trick of the camera as you look down from the cockpit, but it's still feeling a bit strange to see. while I don't have an accelerated machine, using the regular version and give some landings a try at some point.

A classic aviation saying is:

"If you can walk away from a landing, it's a good landing.

If you can use the airplane the next day, it's an outstanding landing."

So definitely it was an outstanding landing :)

But of course "the bestest" landing would be with rear wheels touch down, and it is possible and recommended in my sim - as I did in both my previous videos - for example here:

Props for you that you watched the video till the end :)

Hope to see many youtube videos "F-16 FS Atari XL/XE, rate my landing" in the future :)

• Like 2