IGNORED

3D printed TI99 VGA port for F18A

Originally posted on FB... After putting it off for a few years, I finally made a nice looking VGA port for the TI99.  Here is my design. 

I haven't yet tested it on a black console yet, but I am sending it out to a few people to try.

It requires you to remove the original AV port and solder your audio wires to the board.  And it also requires you to cut a rectangular hole on your console shell 60x16mm.

More details to come.

EDIT- Posted on Thingiverse: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:6560819

Darryl

PXL_20240316_183015536.jpg

PXL_20240315_231901598.jpg

PXL_20240315_213231790.jpg

Edited by dphirschler
Added Thingiverse link
  • Like 12

On 3/17/2024 at 10:23 AM, dphirschler said:

RF shield has to go.

Would removing the shield ruin TV and radio reception?  I remember my cable television suffering from noticeable RF noise when I used the modulator, back in 1984.  Don't know how much the console itself contributed...  (Oh crud, just noticed, I used the wrong login!)

K-R.

Edited by Nessus
  • Haha 4

• 2 weeks later...

The VGA AV panel has been published on Thingiverse.  Please test it out and give feedback, especially if you have a MK1-F18A.  Also, some refinements have been made to the piece.  It might actually be possible to keep the (modified) RF shield.  I would be curious if this is true.  So again, I would like your feedback concerning this.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:6560819

Darryl

7 hours ago, dphirschler said:

The VGA AV panel has been published on Thingiverse.  Please test it out and give feedback, especially if you have a MK1-F18A.  Also, some refinements have been made to the piece.  It might actually be possible to keep the (modified) RF shield.  I would be curious if this is true.  So again, I would like your feedback concerning this.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:6560819

Darryl

is this only for the beige consoles or will it fit on the black and silver too?

Posted (edited)
19 hours ago, Shift838 said:

is this only for the beige consoles or will it fit on the black and silver too?

I believe it will fit the black console too.  But I have not cut a black console shell to test fit it.  I did modify the piece so that I could test fit it in the black console without cutting it and it fit.

Darryl

PXL_20240318_120123772.jpg

PXL_20240318_120209284.jpg

Edited by dphirschler
fixed the photos

15 hours ago, dphirschler said:

I believe it will fit the black console too.  But I have not cut a black console shell to test fit it.  I did modify the piece so that I could test fit it in the black console without cutting it and it fit.

Darryl

did you publish the modified version for the black console?

17 minutes ago, Shift838 said:

did you publish the modified version for the black console?

I did, but understand the modified piece I made was only to test that it would fit the console without having to cut it.  The test fit went well; in other words, it fit on the internal posts and up against the back edge like it should.  So I believe the original part should fit a black console.  The pic in the above post should show the modified part in a black console.

Darryl

• Like 1