IGNORED

Pac-Man 4K

BillDMatt

got this over the weekend as part of the last chance,   I absolute LOVE  this version.  Not just because it's on another level than the original  but also because of how it plays,  the AI on the ghosts is just fantastic,  it so challenging but not unbeatable like Junior Pacman for the 2600, but much more than the  original and Ms Pacman.  When you complete a level even the first cherry level, it's like "Whew, OK let's GO "     It also has has that sound and feel that it's an atari 2600 game.   Love that it uses the sound used for ET moving around as the sound of the eating the pellets.   The graphics are such a step up from the original but still retains that distinct Atari Look.  Like this would have fit in with the realeses that came out 1982 1983 and into the  red label era when it seemed like everything started to come together in terms of graphics etc.  ie   Phoenix, Vanguard, Defender II  etc.   

Just a great great game. 

Edited by BillDMatt
  • Like 3

Hi there,

3 hours ago, BillDMatt said:

got this over the weekend as part of the last chance,   I absolute LOVE  this version.

I'm glad to hear that. I really enjoyed the challenge when I was building it. I also still enjoy playing it too. I admit that I build the ROM with the original speed though :)

3 hours ago, BillDMatt said:

Love that it uses the sound used for ET moving around as the sound of the eating the pellets.

LOL...that wasn't the intent. I struggle in the TIA sound department but glad you liked it.

• Like 6

12 hours ago, BillDMatt said:

got this over the weekend as part of the last chance,   I absolute LOVE  this version.  Not just because it's on another level than the original  but also because of how it plays,  the AI on the ghosts is just fantastic,  it so challenging but not unbeatable like Junior Pacman for the 2600, but much more than the  original and Ms Pacman.  When you complete a level even the first cherry level, it's like "Whew, OK let's GO "     It also has has that sound and feel that it's an atari 2600 game.   Love that it uses the sound used for ET moving around as the sound of the eating the pellets.   The graphics are such a step up from the original but still retains that distinct Atari Look.  Like this would have fit in with the realeses that came out 1982 1983 and into the  red label era when it seemed like everything started to come together in terms of graphics etc.  ie   Phoenix, Vanguard, Defender II  etc.   

Just a great great game. 

Congrats!  More Atari goodness to share with the kiddos?  😁 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, DEBRO said:

Hi there,

I'm glad to hear that. I really enjoyed the challenge when I was building it. I also still enjoy playing it too. I admit that I build the ROM with the original speed though :)

LOL...that wasn't the intent. I struggle in the TIA sound department but glad you liked it.

well you can think of it like discovering penicillin,  LOL   but in all seriousness the sound works and works well .     Great job   on this 

11 hours ago, Living Room Arcade said:

Congrats!  More Atari goodness to share with the kiddos?  😁 

yeah I enjoy getting my 11 year old into the older games,   he likes the orignal basketball, frogs and flies, bowling and Demaon Attack,  right now he and I are in a big Sonic phase which is a lot fun.    He's much happier when he's done playing retro games.   When he gets off his XBox  he becomes  possessed by some demon. LOL    It's insane some days.  

• Haha 1

On 3/19/2024 at 2:37 PM, BillDMatt said:

Not just because it's on another level than the original  but also because of how it plays,  the AI on the ghosts is just fantastic,  it so challenging but not unbeatable like Junior Pacman for the 2600, but much more than the  original and Ms Pacman. 

This run-on sentence is driving me batty. Much more what than the original and Ms Pac-Man? 

2 hours ago, McCallister said:

Much more challenging than Pac-Man or Ms Pac-Man is how I read it.

Spoiler
Yeah probably, but it could also be much more not unbeatable like Junior Pacman for the 2600 than Pac-Man or Ms PAC-man, or a couple other ridiculous sounding possibilities.
Spoiler

I pressed spoiler by accident and now I can’t undo it.

Edited by Glorkbot