IGNORED

Old IDE drives...

Don't know if this is the right place to ask...

I have a box full of old IDE disk drives that I've piled-up over the years.  They are mostly from the 1990s and use the cylinder/head/sector addressing, so they probably wouldn't work with Shift838's IDE controller.  Not sure how many of them still work; they did when I put them away.

Would they be of any use to anyone, or are they just dead weight?

K-R.

• Like 1

They are useful to someone, though a lot with IDE are using CF or SD adapters.  Besides our IDE card, there are IDE interfaces for most classic computers, including Amiga (built into the 4000, 1200, and 600,) and Commodore.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, OLD CS1 said:

They are useful to someone, though a lot with IDE are using CF or SD adapters.  Besides our IDE card, there are IDE interfaces for most classic computers, including Amiga (built into the 4000, 1200, and 600,) and Commodore.

I'd rather someone have them, instead of just tossing them.  I cannot ethically ask for money, since I don't know if they work, or how reliable they might be.  Videofx may be interested in them, so others may be, as you said.  A message in the Commodore forum may be in order.

K-R.

7 minutes ago, Kchula-Rrit said:

I'd rather someone have them, instead of just tossing them.  I cannot ethically ask for money, since I don't know if they work, or how reliable they might be.  Videofx may be interested in them, so others may be, as you said.  A message in the Commodore forum may be in order.

K-R.

Check out the Marketplace forums, too.  There is a sub there for free stuff.